32" TV recommendations

Simon

32" TV recommendations

Post by Simon »

So, the Mrs is complaining about the bedroom TV and wants me to get a new one. Big smiles all round and I immediately leaped into action. Thing is that I've no knowledge of TVs in this space and a quick search shows that there's not much left that that's small.

The lounge telly is a couple of years old 49" Sony XH95. Not many requirements for the bedroom telly, other than it doesn't _need_ 4k at that size, I want a good picture, preferably with HDR, and as we're a Google home I don't want Alexa peddling her whorish wares around here.

Any thoughts?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: 32" TV recommendations

Post by Jobbo »

I am a bit of a Sony fanboy so I bought the only 32” Sony I could find about a year ago. It’s only 720p which I thought wouldn’t matter at that size and doesn’t really to my eyes.

But I still wouldn’t recommend it if you want to use any of the smart functions. It’s slow to turn on and slow to navigate YouTube, iPlayer et al. It’s supposed to be the same model as our 40” and 49” Sonys but the processor, memory etc are clearly all lower spec than the bigger screen versions.

Considering it was still £50 more than I could get a 1080p 32”telly from Samsung or LG for, I’d look elsewhere. But I’d really want to try before I buy next time - other manufacturers may do similar to Sony with the internal electronics.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

All
The manufacturers have given in on anything below about 40”.
The 32” LG is the only one with a half decent operating system. I don’t k ow about it doing anything with Google Home. Do you actually use voice control for your TV?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I idly thought a 32” monitor with built-in speakers and a Chromecast TV (the one with remote) might be a better choice if you are going to use it for anything more than basic telly functions. But it’s not as wife-friendly; two remotes for a start.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thanks Jim and Simon. That was kinda my expectations. Regarding the Google integration, it's more about having cast built in and my wife being able to tell the telly to "turn the lights down" or whatever, as she has an iPhone and so doesn't have Google assistant in the bedroom if I'm not there.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I take it using the Google Home app on her iPhone isn’t an option?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Old habits die hard! Tbh I should kinda look at setting that up for her.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

LG 32LQ6300 . 1080p and a decent OS with Google stuff (it does Alexa too but you can turn it off).

You can save a bit with the 32LQ630B but it's 720p and I'd rather not.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Nice! I'll check it out, thx.