Dishwasher Recommendations

Mito Man

Re: Dishwasher Recommendations

Post by Mito Man »

Is it like the BMW naming convention?

You have a 1/2 series when you’re young. Then progress into a 3/4/5 series as middle age approaches and you have kids. Then you have a mid life crisis and get a 6 series. Then before you know it you’re an old fart in a 7 series.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

I've also just done a comparison.

The Series 6 has £100 cash back. In addition to the superior features, it's made in Germany as opposed to Poland, is quieter (at 44dB vs 48dB), takes 14 as opposed to 12 place settings, and is more energy efficient to boot. At today's electricity rates, the £205 price delta is completely wiped out by this energy efficiency delta in only 77yrs & 3months.

The correct choice is obvious.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:36 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:34 pm I do the same but with series 2. It's a dishwasher, I don't need it to project the time on the floor!
Pfft - you think you don’t, but once you’ve experienced the thrill of floor projection….
now that you mention it, I do like the little red dot that is projected... maybe I would like more...
mik

Post by mik »

It's elegant AND thoughtful!

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 am Ours is a Bosch also. Bosch/Neff/Siemens are all the same. However, there are slight variations in available size options so worth checking out all 3. There was a Neff equivalent of the XL one that we have but naturally it cost more. Specs were exactly the same.
Well, there you go. It turns out they're so similar that our Bosch is actually a Neff :lol:

No time remaining floor display though sadly. We've the projected red dot though. Useful given how quiet it is and how I'll quite often forget whether I actually put it on or just put the tablet in and forgot...
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Oh yeah, the floor display is a complete gimmick

Until you have it

And find yourself using it more than you thought you would

😂
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:04 pm SO there you go.

Bish-bash-bosch to please @Rich B , cutlery tray to please @DaveE and a floor display to please me.

https://www.johnlewis.com/bosch-series- ... r/p5558591

When are you inviting us all for dinner?
That's the very model we've decided on.

As for dinner: any time you're down this end just shout!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

Do they do a free-standing series 6? Literally too tired to Google it myself. Also, had dodgy chicken for dinner.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

@DeskJockey spooky!

Also - congratulations on being made of money 8-)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:52 pm @DeskJockey spooky!

Also - congratulations on being made of money 8-)
Sorry to disappoint, but we've yet to buy it. Old one decided to start working again, so purchase has been postponed.
---
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:01 pm
Sorry to disappoint, but we've yet to buy it. Old one decided to start working again, so purchase has been postponed.
I was cursing you a couple of weeks back as our shitey dishwasher was acting up. The door opens at the end of the drying cycle, and it was refusing to latch closed again. Resetting and powering it down didn't work. I had to do a 12 minute rinse cycle whilst holding the door closed with my manly strength, but I wasn't sure that would work, so I was simultaneously pricing up one of those :evil: (whilst fretting about @Rich B ripping into me for such extravagance :cry: )

Luckily my cunning plan forced the latch to reset.

So I have "saved money". 8-) But I still have a shitey dishwasher. :(
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:38 pm
I was cursing you a couple of weeks back as our shitey dishwasher was acting up. The door opens at the end of the drying cycle, and it was refusing to latch closed again. Resetting and powering it down didn't work. I had to do a 12 minute rinse cycle whilst holding the door closed with my manly strength, but I wasn't sure that would work, so I was simultaneously pricing up one of those :evil: (whilst fretting about @Rich B ripping into me for such extravagance :cry: )

We can be shitey-dishwasher-fwends? Although it feels a tad unfair to be cursed for the malfunctioning of an appliance that I've never seen, touched or been within a 100 miles of.
---
mik

Post by mik »

@DeskJockey your powers are strong :?
scotta

Post by scotta »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm

We can be shitey-dishwasher-fwends? Although it feels a tad unfair to be cursed for the malfunctioning of an appliance that I've never seen, touched or been within a 100 miles of.
Fucking peasants.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

scotta wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:08 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm

Fucking peasants.
Ah no. The fucking-peasants-fwends are another group altogether. I think they've got different membership requirements.
---
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

@mik I feel like Croesus! Bosch series 6 installed and running. No more washing up by hand for me (except the large pots/pans, knives, fancy glasses and other items that aren't deemed dishwasher suitable by management).
---
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:44 pm @mik I feel like Croesus! Bosch series 6 installed and running. No more washing up by hand for me (except the large pots/pans, knives, fancy glasses and other items that aren't deemed dishwasher suitable by management).
Boujee AF.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I was looking at induction hobs recently, Bosch 6 series vs 8 series. The only difference is the latter connects to your iPhone and costs £250 more :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:49 pm I was looking at induction hobs recently, Bosch 6 series vs 8 series. The only difference is the latter connects to your iPhone and costs £250 more :roll:
how useful. I'm going to turn on my hob with my phone... of course I have to walk over and put the pot on, then I watch it whilst it's cooking... but it's nice to be able to turn it on with my phone for £250!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:56 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:49 pm I was looking at induction hobs recently, Bosch 6 series vs 8 series. The only difference is the latter connects to your iPhone and costs £250 more :roll:
how useful. I'm going to turn on my hob with my phone... of course I have to walk over and put the pot on, then I watch it whilst it's cooking... but it's nice to be able to turn it on with my phone for £250!
Had the same convo with SJ about coffee machines. What's the point in being able to operate it from an app on your phone when you need to physically place a mug under the outlet first.