Dishwasher Recommendations

DeskJockey

Dishwasher Recommendations

Post by DeskJockey »

Apart from Miele (too expensive) any recommendations? The 5-6yo Hotpoint is getting a bit unreliable and it never cleaned things very well to begin with. Thinking either Bosch or Samsung. I've no experience with either for dishwashers, but got Samsung washing machine, fridge, and microwave, and like them all. Bosch seems to be a test winner.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
John

Re: Dishwasher Recommendations

Post by John »

We have a Bosch that must be getting on for twenty years old and it has never given us any trouble whatsoever.
mik

Post by mik »

It’s not something you change often, but I was going to say Bosch or Siemens based on one’s I have used in other properties. Img next one will have one of those timers that displays the remaining cycle time on your floor.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Hotpoint were Bosch with stickers over where Bosch was engraved on the door inner a few years back.

I have had a Mele with very few problems (clogged after a decade and needed me to clear the outlet pipe etc) and although they are reeking dear I wouldn't waste money on anything else for that or the washing machine.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Chances are the Samsung will play an electronic jungle for about a minute when it finishes, so if that might annoy anyone in your house I’d buy a different brand 😄
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Our Bosch one is great, 2nd one we've had, old one was 10 when we got rid of it, through no fault of its own.

Went to America for 3 weeks, forgot to turn it on and left it full :oops:

It was like something from Aliens when we got back.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:05 am Chances are the Samsung will play an electronic jungle for about a minute when it finishes, so if that might annoy anyone in your house I’d buy a different brand 😄
Washing machine already does that, but it can be turned off.

Cheers all!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I bought a cheap one for our house as it'll be getting a new kitchen at some point soon.

One of my customers sells into large residential jobs and Unite student accommodation and they sell a British brand Haden (not sure where they're made) and it's been great. Feels superb quality too.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

We have a Bush one, it’s shit.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Bosch here as well. Cool 45' wash does pretty much everything daily and I run it hot once a week to clean it through. Must be 6 year old and like new.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Parents had a Bosch, it set their kitchen on fire. They improved the design after a recall.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:05 am Chances are the Samsung will play an electronic jungle for about a minute when it finishes, so if that might annoy anyone in your house I’d buy a different brand 😄
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've had a Bosch for 13 years. It gets used once or twice a day (so what's about, about 7000 uses so far?) and it's been flawless. It wants for very little and just goes on and on. I kinda want it to fail so I've an excuse to get a new one with a cutlery draw, but it shows no sign of doing so (un)fortunately.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Miele are worth the extra outlay - i fitted one when the shitty electrolux that came with the kitchen died and needed replacing - been flawless and gets 99.9% of things clean with only baked on grime remaining resistant to it's jets
scotta

Post by scotta »

Another one for Bosch here. All our kitchen appliances are Bosch.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, everything in my kitchen is Bosch - it's just easier that way. The Integrated dishwasher has been faultless in the 4 years I've had it - used every day.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I've needed a new dishwasher for years as the current one needs 2 cycles to clean properly however it is integrated and 3/4 of it is oak panelling as the controls are exposed along the top which I actually prefer vs having everything hidden away but I haven't a snowballs chance in hell of finding a new one which will fit the current panel.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am I've needed a new dishwasher for years as the current one needs 2 cycles to clean properly however it is integrated and 3/4 of it is oak panelling as the controls are exposed along the top which I actually prefer vs having everything hidden away but I haven't a snowballs chance in hell of finding a new one which will fit the current panel.
I thought they were "semi-integrated" and the exposed top panel was a standard (114mm) depth? Measure yours.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:53 am Yeah, everything in my kitchen is Bosch - it's just easier that way.
I'll probably go for the same brand for everything when we re-do ours shortly, for visual consistency at the very least. What is easier about it - the controls working similarly, that sort of thing? Genuine question; I've not even thought about it in detail yet.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:26 am
Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:53 am Yeah, everything in my kitchen is Bosch - it's just easier that way.
I'll probably go for the same brand for everything when we re-do ours shortly, for visual consistency at the very least. What is easier about it - the controls working similarly, that sort of thing? Genuine question; I've not even thought about it in detail yet.
not in use, in decision making. I want/need something new for the kitchen - fridge/toaster/whatever, I just choose which ever Bosch is in line with what I want to spend.

I know it'll work because every other Bosch thing I have bought works. Otherwise I'll do what all the rest of you do, and waste loads of time researching crap that I don't actually care about going forward to find the best dishwasher.