Dishwasher Recommendations

Mito Man

Re: Dishwasher Recommendations

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:18 am
Mito Man wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am I've needed a new dishwasher for years as the current one needs 2 cycles to clean properly however it is integrated and 3/4 of it is oak panelling as the controls are exposed along the top which I actually prefer vs having everything hidden away but I haven't a snowballs chance in hell of finding a new one which will fit the current panel.
I thought they were "semi-integrated" and the exposed top panel was a standard (114mm) depth? Measure yours.
Yes but it’s an old Gaggenau and they seem to make everything in their own weird sizes so the top panel is bigger than 114.
They sell an expanding plastic skirt trim type thing for these awkward sizes to close up the extra space but I’ve just left it for a day when it does completely die and I’m forced to change it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ours is a Bosch also. Bosch/Neff/Siemens are all the same. However, there are slight variations in available size options so worth checking out all 3. There was a Neff equivalent of the XL one that we have but naturally it cost more. Specs were exactly the same.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:37 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:26 am
Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:53 am Yeah, everything in my kitchen is Bosch - it's just easier that way.
I'll probably go for the same brand for everything when we re-do ours shortly, for visual consistency at the very least. What is easier about it - the controls working similarly, that sort of thing? Genuine question; I've not even thought about it in detail yet.
not in use, in decision making. I want/need something new for the kitchen - fridge/toaster/whatever, I just choose which ever Bosch is in line with what I want to spend.

I know it'll work because every other Bosch thing I have bought works. Otherwise I'll do what all the rest of you do, and waste loads of time researching crap that I don't actually care about going forward to find the best dishwasher.
What, you mean I don't need to get a year's subscription to What Cooker? before deciding? Blimey.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:37 am I want/need something new for the kitchen - fridge/toaster/whatever, I just choose which ever Bosch is in line with what I want to spend.

I know it'll work because every other Bosch thing I have bought works.
And I thought the things attached to the front of vehicle radiators were Bosch's biggest fans.... :?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:05 pm
I'll probably go for the same brand for everything when we re-do ours shortly, for visual consistency at the very least. What is easier about it - the controls working similarly, that sort of thing? Genuine question; I've not even thought about it in detail yet.
not in use, in decision making. I want/need something new for the kitchen - fridge/toaster/whatever, I just choose which ever Bosch is in line with what I want to spend.

I know it'll work because every other Bosch thing I have bought works. Otherwise I'll do what all the rest of you do, and waste loads of time researching crap that I don't actually care about going forward to find the best dishwasher.
What, you mean I don't need to get a year's subscription to What Cooker? before deciding? Blimey.
Are you not keeping up?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:20 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:37 am I want/need something new for the kitchen - fridge/toaster/whatever, I just choose which ever Bosch is in line with what I want to spend.

I know it'll work because every other Bosch thing I have bought works.
And I thought the things attached to the front of vehicle radiators were Bosch's biggest fans.... :?
😂
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:05 pm

What Cooker - Pah Splitters. I'm more of a "Cooker Monthly" fan. What Cooker can GTF - Splitters!
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

My 2c

We have one with a cutlery 'drawer' at the top, as opposed to a basket that sits in the bottom

I was sceptical (because, me) but it's actually really good

Leaves way more space for dishes/pots etc
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Still not bought one yet. Old one has worked fine for the last week (possibly aware of the existential threat it faces?), until this morning. Stay tuned for more riveting updates...
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

That won’t wash with us.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DaveE wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:42 am My 2c

We have one with a cutlery 'drawer' at the top, as opposed to a basket that sits in the bottom

Ours has this. I think it was only the XL models that have them. Miles better than a basket.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:00 am

Ours has this. I think it was only the XL models that have them. Miles better than a basket.
can you remove it as a whole to empty it or do you have to take each item off the top bit to take it to the drawer?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:06 am

can you remove it as a whole to empty it or do you have to take each item off the top bit to take it to the drawer?
I've never tried tbh - our d/w is right next to the unit with our cutlery drawer in!
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:06 am

I don't think you can remove it as a whole tray...

It's really never occurred to me that that might make things easier
mik

Post by mik »

SO there you go.

Bish-bash-bosch to please @Rich B , cutlery tray to please @DaveE and a floor display to please me.

https://www.johnlewis.com/bosch-series- ... r/p5558591

When are you inviting us all for dinner?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Series 6?! Jeez, what are you, made of money?!!
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:08 pm Series 6?! Jeez, what are you, made of money?!!
I just choose which ever Series 6 is in line with what I want.

I know it'll be teh aweumes because every other Series 6 item I have bought is teh awesumes. Otherwise I'll do what all the rest of you do, and waste loads of time researching crap that I don't actually care about to find the best non-series 6 dishwasher.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think that's what my parents have. I just remember them complaining that it's shit because it has no space for cutlery, then after a week they found out that it has a hidden cutlery drawer right at the top so it was ok.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:20 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:08 pm Series 6?! Jeez, what are you, made of money?!!
I just choose which ever Series 6 is in line with what I want.

I know it'll be teh aweumes because every other Series 6 item I have bought is teh awesumes. Otherwise I'll do what all the rest of you do, and waste loads of time researching crap that I don't actually care about to find the best non-series 6 dishwasher.
I do the same but with series 2. It's a dishwasher, I don't need it to project the time on the floor!
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:34 pm I do the same but with series 2. It's a dishwasher, I don't need it to project the time on the floor!
Pfft - you think you don’t, but once you’ve experienced the thrill of floor projection….