Overdue service / New Car

GG.

Overdue service / New Car

Post by GG. »

I get uncomfortable when it’s flashing up as more than a week or so overdue…

Virtual revels for who has gone the longest…

Sorry you’ve been beaten by my Uber driver :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by GG. on Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: Overdue service?

Post by IanF »

I’ve been in taxis in South Africa where they just cover the warning lights with masking tape! 😂

Also, Bicester Scramble in April; you need a 911 by then! tick tock etc
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’ll be 1500 or so miles overdue when my car is serviced on 6 April but that’s down to the Audi dealer having no appointments until then.

55000 miles over is on a par with Hoovie’s Maserati SUV 😂
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

GG. wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 pm I get uncomfortable when it’s flashing up as more than a week or so overdue…

Virtual revels for who has gone the longest…

Sorry you’ve been beaten by my Uber driver :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is amazing, I wonder if the car has actually been serviced, but without the right equipment to reset the service indicator, or if they're going for a record?

Anyway, I nominate the jungle taxi I caught in the Peruvian amazon.

scotta

Post by scotta »

I had my Elise serviced yesterday. It was due yesterday.
The X5 pinged it was due a brake fluid service on Tuesday and I've booked it for next week.

I'm a bit shit at this game :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mito is a 14 months overdue for an oil change. 4 years overdue for a timing belt. Mileage wise it does barely anything though.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

IanF wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:22 pm I’ve been in taxis in South Africa where they just cover the warning lights with masking tape! 😂

This one did also have an EML illuminated (and I expect that wasn't recent either!)

April for a 911 purchase is probably a bit tight timing wise but the October scramble should be achievable...
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:24 am I’ll be 1500 or so miles overdue when my car is serviced on 6 April but that’s down to the Audi dealer having no appointments until then.

55000 miles over is on a par with Hoovie’s Maserati SUV 😂
Ah yes - the Metharati - that one was pretty grim :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Gavster wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:59 am
That is amazing, I wonder if the car has actually been serviced, but without the right equipment to reset the service indicator, or if they're going for a record?

Anyway, I nominate the jungle taxi I caught in the Peruvian amazon.
Yes I wondered if it was something like that "Service A3" also sounded like it may have been one outside of the normal service schedule so could be they just missed a belt or trans fluid change or something... or not, given Uber drivers.

Peruvian taxi looks epic :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:31 am Mito is a 14 months overdue for an oil change. 4 years overdue for a timing belt. Mileage wise it does barely anything though.
Similar for the 330 - although I can afford to do it now so I should just get it out of the way.
GG.

Post by GG. »

GG. wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:53 am
IanF wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:22 pm I’ve been in taxis in South Africa where they just cover the warning lights with masking tape! 😂

This one did also have an EML illuminated (and I expect that wasn't recent either!)

April for a 911 purchase is probably a bit tight timing wise but the October scramble should be achievable...
Hmm. Maybe this could be brought forward...

No deals have been done as yet I may add...

ETA: I should probably add that the driving experience of this car blew my mind slightly compared to the 997... predominantly the intake noise piped into the cabin. They've absolutely nailed it - I mean it sounds as good as my old man's FF which is phenomenal considering its a 'piddly 3.8 flat six'. The PDK was also a mightily impressive thing - I think I'd be happy with it as much as the old heel toeing gives you a smug sense of satisfaction.

The inventory out of sight was also quite remarkable - 1.3m quids worth of CGT, plus a bad boys 964 3.6 turbo on the ramp having a service...
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

:D

Get it bought 👍
Cheers,

Ian
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Golf was 100 miles away from needing a service when I part exchanged it, which I feel was good work.
IanF wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:54 am :D

Get it bought 👍
This.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

GG. wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:12 pm
GG. wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:53 am

Hmm. Maybe this could be brought forward...

No deals have been done as yet I may add...

ETA: I should probably add that the driving experience of this car blew my mind slightly compared to the 997... predominantly the intake noise piped into the cabin. They've absolutely nailed it - I mean it sounds as good as my old man's FF which is phenomenal considering its a 'piddly 3.8 flat six'. The PDK was also a mightily impressive thing - I think I'd be happy with it as much as the old heel toeing gives you a smug sense of satisfaction.

The inventory out of sight was also quite remarkable - 1.3m quids worth of CGT, plus a bad boys 964 3.6 turbo on the ramp having a service...
That is stunning! Love the contrast between the dark red and the black alloys.
Cheers,

Mike.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:38 pm Golf was 100 miles away from needing a service when I part exchanged it, which I feel was good work.
My Skoda was due a month earlier when I sold it by it’s registration date, however I was about 2 months late with its service the year prior so it technically wasn’t :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nice one GG 👍
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Get it bought 👍
Problem is they want all the monies for it. It also does not have the GTS interior pack which gives you a stitched dash and nicer door cards.

Essentially it £5,000 overpriced compared to an identically spec’d version at a dealer with a similar rep for immaculate stock.

It’s not that the 5k is material but it’s extra pain if I have to sell it in a couple of years as realistically I’d lose £20k on a PX and 15 on a private sale (assuming the new 992.2 doesn’t have a 4.0 N/A manual in which case these these will be worth c.50p).
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

GG. wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:33 pm

Get it bought 👍
Problem is they want all the monies for it. It also does not have the GTS interior pack which gives you a stitched dash and nicer door cards.

Essentially it £5,000 overpriced compared to an identically spec’d version at a dealer with a similar rep for immaculate stock.

It’s not that the 5k is material but it’s extra pain if I have to sell it in a couple of years as realistically I’d lose £20k on a PX and 15 on a private sale (assuming the new 992.2 doesn’t have a 4.0 N/A manual in which case these these will be worth c.50p).
GTSs do seem to hold their value well, but yes if a version the Coxster GTS engine shows up in the .2, that’ll be something hugely desirable.

I like a triple black GTS 992 for sale at Porsche currently, but one cup holder?? So many spillages/arguments/murders must happen daily.. 😁
Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

IanF wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:57 am
GG. wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:33 pm

Get it bought 👍

GTSs do seem to hold their value well, but yes if a version the Coxster GTS engine shows up in the .2, that’ll be something hugely desirable.

I like a triple black GTS 992 for sale at Porsche currently, but one cup holder?? So many spillages/arguments/murders must happen daily.. 😁
Haha yes losing the great folding cupholder mechanism is a hugely retrograde step!

To be honest I don't think this one is going to come off as I don't think we'll come to an agreement on price. Not having the GTS interior pack does seem to be a massive turn off for buyers and if 911 Virgin has one with that option and otherwise identical spec £5k cheaper - it probably means this one is nearer £10k overpriced (hence why it has been in stock since November...)

If I can delay until later in the year and it gets confirmed if a 992.2 will have a naturally asp engine then that would be helpful as there is certainly a danger of 991.1 GTSs 'doing a 911R'...
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:31 am Mito is a 14 months overdue for an oil change. 4 years overdue for a timing belt. Mileage wise it does barely anything though.
Timing belts degrade with time as well as mileage. Belts are cheaper than engines.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.