Post by IanF »

Dammit! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Bye bye Sturgeon

Post by Jobbo »

I’m amazed. I heard her interviewed on a podcast a couple of weeks ago and she sounded thoroughly positive and very much looking forward to the next election. Suspect there’s some sort of scandal about to break which has caused her to do the right thing immediately, not like those cnuts in Westminster.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

It could be she has just got exhausted. I do think the SNP will struggle without her - who are the likely candidates to take over?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:04 am Good riddance, poisonous cow!
This.

How she's survived for so long I'll never understand as she's such a divisive figure and in the last 12 months in particular, she's come across as someone who can't understand why anyone should dare to question or criticise the SNP.

The amount of time and money spent talking about independence instead of getting on with fixing the issues we're facing up here is scandalous. Not to mention the various things they seem to use as diversion tactics from the day to day running and some of the recent things they've done to cause friction with Westminster in some cheap PR stunt are crazy.

Then you have the various issues from the last 5 years or so mounting up which don't paint the the party or her in a great light - they range from incompetence (if you're being kind) to things which look very suspicious, but so far they just don't get held to account for any of them.

Very strange times up here.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 am I’m amazed. I heard her interviewed on a podcast a couple of weeks ago and she sounded thoroughly positive and very much looking forward to the next election. Suspect there’s some sort of scandal about to break which has caused her to do the right thing immediately, not like those cnuts in Westminster.
There's a lot of potential "scandals", but they never seem to pick up any traction in the media up here. She and the SNP seem to get a very easy ride from the mainstream media for some reason.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:21 am It could be she has just got exhausted. I do think the SNP will struggle without her - who are the likely candidates to take over?
This has apparently come as a surprise to virtually everyone and the press conference been arranged hastily, so I don’t think it’s a simple decision by her.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Ascender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:47 am
Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 am I’m amazed. I heard her interviewed on a podcast a couple of weeks ago and she sounded thoroughly positive and very much looking forward to the next election. Suspect there’s some sort of scandal about to break which has caused her to do the right thing immediately, not like those cnuts in Westminster.
There's a lot of potential "scandals", but they never seem to pick up any traction in the media up here. She and the SNP seem to get a very easy ride from the mainstream media for some reason.
Wasn't there some deeply dodgy stuff about her husband loaning money to the party and her claiming to know nothing about it?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:56 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:21 am It could be she has just got exhausted. I do think the SNP will struggle without her - who are the likely candidates to take over?
This has apparently come as a surprise to virtually everyone and the press conference been arranged hastily, so I don’t think it’s a simple decision by her.
Confirmed by brother-in-law who is an aide to Alyn Smith (SNP MP for Stirling). Total blindside - he is in the states on holiday and had to be woken up!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:56 am
Ascender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:47 am
Wasn't there some deeply dodgy stuff about her husband loaning money to the party and her claiming to know nothing about it?
Yip, that's one of them.

The finance minister was rumoured as a potential successor over the weekend.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Ascender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:12 am
Yip, that's one of them.

The finance minister was rumoured as a potential successor over the weekend.
Angus Robertson, John Swinney or maybe Kate Forbes are my picks.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Statement says what you’d expect. I imagine the actual story will take a bit longer to appear.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Doesn't seem to be saying much or actually answering any of the questions being put to her.
Cheers,

Mike.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I'm getting big Father Ted energy.

Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Ascender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 am Doesn't seem to be saying much or actually answering any of the questions being put to her.
The fact that most of her own party didn't know this was coming and there is no plan in place for succession yet suggests that surely something terrible has happened that she's trying to dodge the bullet of.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:01 pm
Ascender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 am Doesn't seem to be saying much or actually answering any of the questions being put to her.
The fact that most of her own party didn't know this was coming and there is no plan in place for succession yet suggests that surely something terrible has happened that she's trying to dodge the bullet of.
That was the rumour over the weekend when her possible resignation was being mentioned... in connection with the "missing" 600K, but you know how people love the attention of starting a rumour for shits and giggles. So who knows.
Cheers,

Mike.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Hard to disagree that we need to cut out irrationality and hysteria in politics.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

You're all transphobic, homophobic, racists if you didn't like her.... or something like that.