Fawlty 2owers

mik

Fawlty 2owers

Post by mik »

If I had read this news story 25+ years ago, I might have thought yeah - they have a chance to build on the originals, but this is just going to awful isn’t it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64563839

Cynics might suggest that it’s just a way to increase his daughters profile. Cynics of the cynics might consider that not cynical at all.
Zonda_

Re: Fawlty 2owers

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:46 pm If I had read this news story 25+ years ago, I might have thought yeah - they have a chance to build on the originals, but this is just going to awful isn’t it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64563839

Cynics might suggest that it’s just a way to increase his daughters profile. Cynics of the cynics might consider that not cynical at all.
More likely a way for him to boost his bank balance, he’s on the bones of his arse after divorces.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I hope it’s a politically incorrect masterpiece which winds lots of people up for just being funny.

I fear it will be nothing like it though. Unless they take the mick out of the PC brigade.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:18 pm More likely a way for him to boost his bank balance
Maybe, but was it his idea or the production company's?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:20 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:18 pm More likely a way for him to boost his bank balance
Maybe, but was it his idea or the production company's?
I'm sure there's been someone pitching an idea for a sequel to this every single week since the final episode aired. Maybe there's finally something in one of those pitches which has persuaded him it's worth doing? That's what happened to Tom Cruise with Top Gun.

Or it could just be for the money.

Chances are it will be utter bobbins, but you never know...
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:40 pm Chances are it will be utter bobbins, but you never know...
Aye, hoping for the best (Maverick was alright, wasn't it? I haven't seen it :oops: ) but are there enough cast members willing or able to take part? No more Manuel, Major, Terry the chef :(

I can't remember which actor it was - maybe Michael Caine - who, when asked why he'd appeared in a bad film, replied "it bought me this house". Cleese may be able to survive unscathed however it turns out.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:35 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:40 pm Chances are it will be utter bobbins, but you never know...
Aye, hoping for the best (Maverick was alright, wasn't it? I haven't seen it :oops: ) but are there enough cast members willing or able to take part? No more Manuel, Major, Terry the chef :(

I can't remember which actor it was - maybe Michael Caine - who, when asked why he'd appeared in a bad film, replied "it bought me this house". Cleese may be able to survive unscathed however it turns out.
There are none of the original cast left who will /could do apart from Cleese.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:37 pm There are none of the original cast left who will /could do apart from Cleese.
:(
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:35 pm

Yes, it was Michael Caine with one of the Jaws sequels... "I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:D 8-)
tim

Post by tim »

Hasn't Cleese turned into that old "outspoken" uncle who nobody wants at family gatherings anymore?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:17 am Hasn't Cleese turned into that old "outspoken" uncle who nobody wants at family gatherings anymore?
Aye. I think his problem was that he went to the US. The US seems to be great at sucking the humour out of people - probably after they've seen a few shrinks.

He hasn't been funny probably since Fawlty Towers
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

is how I always imagine John Cleese to actually be

One of the brilliant things about FT was that it just stopped after two seasons and you didn't see them gradually running out of steam as happens to a lot of shows (how is the Simpsons still going?). I have a bad feeling it'll just spoil the memory of what was a great show.

Also I can't make up my mind if Camilla Cleese is attractive or has a disquietingly prominent jawline and hands.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:31 pm Also I can't make up my mind if Camilla Cleese is attractive or has a disquietingly prominent jawline and hands.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:31 pm Also I can't make up my mind if Camilla Cleese is attractive or has a disquietingly prominent jawline and hands.
Her eyebrows are confronting. She is funny though.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

To add confusion;

Emo Philips.

Now watch the start of that vid again...