3D Printing Car Bits

DeskJockey

3D Printing Car Bits

Post by DeskJockey »

Does anyone have any suggestions/connections?

Lost one of the parcel shelf clips for the Galaxy, so it isn't usable (this was over a year ago). I initially made contact with a company on eBay that made all manner of other clips. I sent them the one I had and they sent back a copy for me to check before they then mirrored it.

Unfortunately they've since stopped responding to messages, and I've not heard anything since April. So, thought I'd ask the forum hivemind. It will require mirroring the existing clip to make the opposite half. Obviously happy to pay for it.

Before someone suggests I just buy a new one they're £120+ for a decent used one, and I don't like the idea of throwing the existing one away for the sake of a £2 piece of plastic.

Edit: and I've not been able to find anyone making the clips.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: 3D Printing Car Bits

Post by Rich B »

Share the actual part details, someone may be better at searching for used parts than you,..
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Parcel shelves do seem to be ridiculously expensive - I’ve searched unsuccessfully for BMW & MINI ones in the past. Your only chance is to wait for one to turn up on eBay locally, with a low start price and no postage.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

What year is your Galaxy, there are several parcel shelves on Facebook Marketplace from £30
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

2012. The cheap ones I've found so far are for the first gen (the VW one) or trashed.
---
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I'm assuming you've tried breakers yards?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Did look around initially. Nobody had the clips (or at least didn't want to sell just those).

This is what it looks like (that is the O/S clip. I need the N/S.

---
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

No they won't want to sell the clips if it makes the parcel shelf less sellable, we never did but we wouldn't charge much for an entire shelf.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

It seems the Gen2 Galaxy has the most expensive parcel shelf of all the models. Can find cheap options for the other two. Quite annoying.

Edit: found one for £60, and seller is around the corner from the in-laws. Have sent him a message to confirm it has both clips.
---