Lost baggage

McSwede

Lost baggage

Post by McSwede »

Twats. My bag still hasn't turned up. Have to go shopping tomorrow in Tenerife and then bugger about with insurance when I get home 🙁
mik

Re: Lost baggage

Post by mik »

I’ve only had baggage lost once. They called me to advise that they had located my bag as I was in the taxi returning to the airport for my flight home…. Collected it and went to the next level to check in.

“Could anyone have tampered with your bags sir?”

“Yeah - you c****s”
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

British Airways ?

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’ve never had my baggage lost, I’m pleased to say - but I’ve heard so many stories of it that I always put a bit of my hold baggage contents in my carry-on bag just in case. Seems far too common.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I've had it twice, once in Sri Lanka where some idiot took my bag instead of his own (I watched the matching bag go past 3 times on the conveyor before I was sure this had happened)... I thankfully got it back a few hours later. Glad I made the effort to stick that massive green plastic ID holder to the handle, no way anyone could miss that....

The other time was on the way back from snowboarding, which was excellent, because I didn't have to carry my own snowboard bag (one of the massive 6 foot wheeled ones) home on the train, it was usefully delivered a week later!

Thankfully never had it properly lost in the way out to anywhere, that sounds like a right ballache! (Though less of a ballache than if it was the missus' bag)...
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

The TUI reps are pretty rubbish and they can't get any info. At least they're giving me £100 followed by another £150.

I've hired a car to go shopping tomorrow. Thankfully I had a couple of bits in my wife's case. Another family I spoke to had flown from Dublin and their cases looked like they'd been in the Velociraptor enclosure, plus everything was soaking wet and smelling a little suspicious.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Had it once going out to Australia. It was located and delivered to the house the next day.

Like Jobbo I’ve always worried about this happening so I always make sure my hand luggage has enough essentials to last me a day or two.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

To be fair, I could more than happily last a week on a sunny holiday with a pair of shorts, a t shirt, flip flops, toothbrush and my phone charger...
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:10 amLike Jobbo I’ve always worried about this happening so I always make sure my hand luggage has enough essentials to last me a day or two.
Yeah - me too. Always a good plan. Plus we always split our stuff across each case, (rather than a case each) so we’re generally covered
Last edited by dinny_g on Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I once had Emirates send my suitcase on a later flight the next day presumably because the one I was on didn’t have space. It was on the return trip and so I really wouldn’t have cared much except the cunts didn’t tell me about it at all until after I waited an hour at the baggage carousel and ended up having to chase it up at the help desk…
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Whilst travelling on my year off, I had my luggage lost about three times. Each time it eventually got to returned to me one way or another. Got a bit paranoid if my luggage would turn up with later trips, to say the least!

Anyway, as others have said, always have about three days clothing in your hand luggage... saved the day for me each time... in reality that's enough for a whole holiday :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

AirTag in your suitcase.. I’ve actually had people complain their bags are not on the flight and I’ve said wait a few minutes for the location to update and then I’ll speak to someone. So far they’ve just been a bit premature but I think I’d put one in to ensure I’m not left waiting at a carousel.. not that I ever check a bag in of course - baggage handlers are cvnts!
Cheers,

Ian
John

Post by John »

A group of us went to Gran Canaria and one friend's case ended up in Sweden. That took a few days to turn up and not much in the way of clothes shops where we were staying either :)
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

On the way back from Spain I had a bag end up in Brazil. It turned up at my house about a day and half later. I had to admire the turnaround.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

John wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:17 pm A group of us went to Gran Canaria and one friend's case ended up in Sweden. That took a few days to turn up and not much in the way of clothes shops where we were staying either :)
is this a weird "I went to a nudist resort" with friends confession? 😂
John

Post by John »

When you put it like that :oops:

This is quite a few years ago when Teletext holidays were the place to book cheap holidays. We wouldn't know which resort we were staying at until the rep at the airport told us. It was always a relief when we avoided the naturist area at Maspalomas :lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Woo hoo!! It's finally turned up 54hrs late.

From the stickers it looks like it was pulled for extra security checks and not put on a flight until the 26th then still took another 24hrs the get to me. The "RUSH" label wasn't taken too seriously 😂😂