Project Binky

JLv3.0

Re: Project Binky

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ah but the battery won't charge, effectively isolating it from the next time you try to start it :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Simon wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm
scotta wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 am
Simon wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 am Childish I know, but the comedy timing around Nick having 'the horn' (parp!) tickled me greatly.

I like that multi-plug disassembly tool that they have. I need one of those!
Ive got one of them. Needed it to fit the hifi upgrade on the Golf.
Where did you get it Scott? Need something similar for the quadlock connector on the Fjord.

I've just bought these to give them a try;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Car-Term ... 2749.l2649
The bits I want to do aren't in the car atm though, so doubtless easier than doing anything in situ.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The main function of the battery isolator switch is to isolate the battery ( surprise surprise ) so shorts don't cause a fire. It doesn't really matter which lead it's on as long as it breaks the circuit.

It's not a race car so won't be an external switch which would also be linked to the ignition circuit. As a road car it'll have a handy other primary device to disable the ignition circuit - the key ( or a n other switch or button depending which clever but complex system they go for )
Cheers, Harry
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

tim wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:07 am Anyone else wince when they put the live cable through a sharp edged metal hole without a grommet?
Yes!

tim wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:07 am Awesome as usual though. The working loom all wired up on the floor was particularly satisfying.
Apart from using black cable ties on the red power cable in the distribution board, when they'd used red cable ties fixing it to the floor. :shock:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Thank you for all the comments on our latest video, it's quite overwhelming! Couple of things to clear up: it's a dry build right now so we're not adding grommets or anything until final assembly after paint. Can't believe some would think we'd forget that! Also, there's no need for a fuse in the big red starter cable; there wasn't one on the MG loom, nor have we ever put one in any other car. The main live to the power distribution board goes directly to a large fuse. Looking forward to bringing you the next one!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Foz

Post by Foz »

I will be sad when they finish it!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yep me too. Any more news on what they would do next?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Foz wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am I will be sad when they finish it!
As if that'll happen :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 am Yep me too. Any more news on what they would do next?
Clues suggest an MG SV / SV-R

And I do want them to finish Binky. In colour.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Wonder if they'll own up to it being modified ( :shock: ) when insuring it?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 pm Wonder if they'll own up to it being modified ( :shock: ) when insuring it?
I feel sorry for the person the other end of the phone line that asks if there are any modifications
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

One of the comments in the project Binky videos put me onto the channel of these two Australian guys, they recently finished off a 240z with RB26 conversion which was very nicely done IMO:

There's some good builds in there with all sorts being done and covered in a decent amount of detail and they are decent presenters too.

Carl.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've been watching MCM for ages, they do some pretty cool stuff. There's a show on the their back up channel called Skid Factory that's based at the shop of Allan (Turbo Yoda) that's also well worth watching.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Their Bedford van project seems to have gone a bit quiet, I hope it's being finished off and a final episode is in the making.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

They had gone to the US to run Hot Rod drag week in the Toyota they built on MCM. The next episode of the build has just gone up.
An absolute unit
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

This is now in the advert breaks on the TV here -

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:13 pm
Bloody hell - episode 20 has just landed! Two in a month!
mik

Post by mik »

At this rate it'll be finished by 2027!
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Twitter has already discussed “that fog light”....

It’ll be changed!