What sausages?

Zonda_

What sausages?

Post by Zonda_ »

Following on from the other thread, what sausages do you buy? Our local butcher used to make nice Cumberland but they seem to have lost the recipe!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: What sausages?

Post by JonMad »

Whatever Ocado have on offer.
Left over crest; tightens.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Whatever looks nicest at the Butchers.

Pork and Stilton are great but messy to grill, plain pork or Lincolnshire are my favourites.

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:32 pm Whatever looks nicest at the Butchers.

Dave!
...is the correct answer 👍👍
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I prefer plain pork, cumberland or chilli from the local butchers, but the boy prefers pork & leek. So that's what the wife buys :(
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Tesco Woodside Farm - the cheapest own-brand ones they offer: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /309169206

Absolutely lovely. Too many times I've eaten 100% pork expensive sausages and found them too meaty for a breakfast or a sausage sandwich. Don't get Richmonds thinking they're as good as the Woodside Farm ones though; they're not a patch.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Decent pork sausages for my other half and these for me.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... lsrc=aw.ds
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:37 pm Absolutely lovely. Too many times I've eaten 100% pork expensive sausages and found them too meaty for a breakfast or a sausage sandwich. Don't get Richmonds thinking they're as good as the Woodside Farm ones though; they're not a patch.
80% to 85% pork is the sweet spot for sausages. They dry out if there's less than 15% fat.
An absolute unit
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

https://www.awlashfordsausages.com

They even have their own street food vendor, https://www.instagram.com/fatsnags/
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:34 pm I prefer plain pork, cumberland or chilli from the local butchers, but the boy prefers pork & leek. So that's what the wife buys :(
You need to re-assert dominance. Go in with an elbow drop when he goes to take a bite of his sausage sandwich and demand the wife goes straight away to buy Your favourites !!

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:39 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:37 pm Absolutely lovely. Too many times I've eaten 100% pork expensive sausages and found them too meaty for a breakfast or a sausage sandwich. Don't get Richmonds thinking they're as good as the Woodside Farm ones though; they're not a patch.
80% to 85% pork is the sweet spot for sausages. They dry out if there's less than 15% fat.
Correct on the fat.

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:37 pm Tesco Woodside Farm - the cheapest own-brand ones they offer: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /309169206

Absolutely lovely. Too many times I've eaten 100% pork expensive sausages and found them too meaty for a breakfast or a sausage sandwich. Don't get Richmonds thinking they're as good as the Woodside Farm ones though; they're not a patch.
Richmond is sausage essence squeezed into plastic sausage casings in a pink liquid. Will not even entertain eating them.

Woodside are great for the price but too small.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:40 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:34 pm I prefer plain pork, cumberland or chilli from the local butchers, but the boy prefers pork & leek. So that's what the wife buys :(
You need to re-assert dominance. Go in with an elbow drop when he goes to take a bite of his sausage sandwich and demand the wife goes straight away to buy Your favourites !!

Dave!
:lol:

I'm just glad he's keen to eat sausages. For a few years early on he didn't tend to bother much with meat. Fish is the next challenge. And bacon, but then t was a few years before I got into bacon tbh.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:40 pm

Dave!
Merv the next time they have sausage and mash for family dinner

An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:42 pm Woodside are great for the price but too small.

Dave!
They're so cheap you can have two or three. I don't consider them particularly small because they're the same size sausages always used to be; more premium sausages these days tend to be bigger.

Best sausages I ever had were from Stroff's in the Covered Market in Oxford in about 1995. Shallow fried low for a long time, I can still remember how good they tasted.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Whatever premium brand or supermarket own-label looks good, plus I keep a stock of pork & wild garlic from Parson's Nose in the freezer.

Also, if anyone's into sheep, I noticed these guys doing half/full lamb boxes straight from the farm which look great https://www.lancashirelambboxes.co.uk/? ... E6lGaaVAoU
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

The Costco ones used to be good, I've not had them for ages though.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Which frozen brand do people prefer for hammering into their enemies lawns?
An absolute unit
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:37 pm Tesco Woodside Farm - the cheapest own-brand ones they offer: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /309169206

I’m keen to try these now, I’ve always felt that posh sausages don’t provide any massive benefits in a sausage sandwich
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:56 pm Which frozen brand do people prefer for hammering into their enemies lawns?
I buy whatever I like and freeze them, simple.