FAO Family Huckster fans

Post by speedingfine »

Gymkhana haters look away now.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: FAO Family Huckster fans

Post by Jobbo »

She flies so nicely.

All that active aero looks a bit futile when you see the windscreen and bonnet wobbling around from about 4m 20s.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

There seemed to be some actual stunts in that - the handstanding monster truck, the donuts around a helicopter which is actually flying - which is quite a contrast to the later Ken Block ones that were more about slo-mo action shots of a wheel spinning.
tim

Post by tim »

Still 8 mins too long.
mik

Post by mik »

Too long and much silliness :? mixed in with some fabulous control 8-) .

That's one tough car too - the rather-too-nose-down landing at 5mins. :o The Rufford Ford guys wouldn't probably spontaneously explode if they saw the water splash at 6mins.... :? :shock:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

That reminds me, I heard Rufford Ford has been closed. Locals taking away warning signs and blocking it up so it gets fuller than it should. Apologies if that's been mentioned in a thread already.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:42 am That's one tough car too - the rather-too-nose-down landing at 5mins.
Wonder if Travis shat himself more at that or the base jump landing?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Deffo on my Lottery winners list - not one single thing about that that I dislike :D :D :D :D
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I don’t know, while I like them messing around with unusual old cars instead of just using the latest rallycross car, I think a lot of it it a bit gimmicky.

I personally think it would be a lot cooler without the weird active aero, I can’t imagine the little flappy bits on the box arches add anything useful and they look silly when in use. It looks best as it’s sat in the still photo with everything retracted.

I also noticed on Chris’s vid just how high cut the arches are. I mean the car is about 6 inches off the ground, but there’s about a foot between the top of the rear wheel and the underside of the arch. I get they want suspension travel, but what’s the point of suspension travel it can’t possibly use? 😅
Cheers, Harry