Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

mik

Re: Twitter

Post by mik »

8-) :lol:

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Starships are fucking excellent when you're feeling lazy.

Our local Co-op is a hub so it can be as quick as 15 mins from order to delivery as it doesn't have to cross any roads.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:35 am
Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:17 am I think the Tesla one is the only robot built for a home environment though. I’d want it to be better so it could at least do boring stuff like all the household chores.
I don’t think I’d want something like Boston Dynamics capable in the house - that’s terrifyingly good and could kill me all too easily.
Tesla robot walking slowly like it shat itself - this I can live with.
If that's what you want, move to Milton Keynes:
Oh hell no.

The "Hungry? I can help" on the side of the robot makes it look like a free help yourself food bank on wheels.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

If they ever cross the boundary to Newport Pagnell the message changes to 'Power Beauty Soul'.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Why on earth would a massive humanoid thing be useful in the home? I already have a small flat robot hoover that hides under a sideboard when not in use and scuttles out each night. I'd expect a series of task specific units would be far more useful than a big lumbering humanoid.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:37 am Why on earth would a massive humanoid thing be useful in the home? I already have a small flat robot hoover that hides under a sideboard when not in use and scuttles out each night. I'd expect a series of task specific units would be far more useful than a big lumbering humanoid.
It is, again, a vision of the future from someone stuck in the 80's. And who never got past that. Unlike everyone else.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:37 am Why on earth would a massive humanoid thing be useful in the home? I already have a small flat robot hoover that hides under a sideboard when not in use and scuttles out each night. I'd expect a series of task specific units would be far more useful than a big lumbering humanoid.
You haven’t had a Roomba go on a patch of dog shit and smear it all across your living room floor and fancy rugs I bet :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

I mean, that robot would probably stomp on a pet without thinking about it and traipse their innards all over the carpet, so it's no much different :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:57 pm
You haven’t had a Roomba go on a patch of dog shit and smear it all across your living room floor and fancy rugs I bet :lol:
it would be one hell of a sequence of events for that to happen seeing as we don't have any pets!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m thinking if this ever gets nailed properly it will be good. Having someone do complex shit like laundry, ironing, making the bed, washing the car, looking after the house/pets when you’re away. How about asking for any dish in the world and it orders the ingredients and makes it to restaurant standards.
Long way off but have to start somewhere.
Having a capable robot in every house may be the next big thing like. Aging population and not enough workers and all that.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Beany wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:24 am It walks like it's shat itself and it's desperately trying not to have lumps of clag fall down it's trouser leg.
It looks terrible, but at least it’s ‘something’ unlike the last reveal which was a man badly dancing around a stage in a weird robot suit and some videos of it performing basic block moving which you can do with an off the shelf kids Lego kit
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

And the sexbots.

Don't forget them.

Gemma bot is just around the corner.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:12 am If they ever cross the boundary to Newport Pagnell the message changes to 'Power Beauty Soul'.
That's a dangerously close to projecting coffee across the keyboard snort. :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:56 pm And the sexbots.

Don't forget them.

Gemma bot is just around the corner.
Just perfect for most Musk fans, they'll never have to leave their mums basement!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I feel like I read about those being a thing in Japan years ago. The idea of fucking a robot which has had 1000’s of other men’s sausages in it is frankly horrifying.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:43 pm I feel like I read about those being a thing in Japan years ago. The idea of fucking a robot which has had 1000’s of other men’s sausages in it is frankly horrifying.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Honda Asimo 12 years ago, if front of an actual audience not a set up easily cgi’d demo
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Asimo always looked like it needed a shit, or had already done so in its pants.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

RobYob wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:57 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:12 am If they ever cross the boundary to Newport Pagnell the message changes to 'Power Beauty Soul'.
That's a dangerously close to projecting coffee across the keyboard snort. :lol:
They do apologise if your presence on a footpath means they have to stop, they thank you if you rescue them from a kerb, which occasionally happens and at the moment, they’re wishing you Merry Christmas as they pass by :lol:

I can confirm the Newport Pagnell ones don’t say Power, Beauty, Soul though …
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

All that tech yet no regional accent :x