Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

integrale_evo

Re: Twitter

Post by integrale_evo »

I’m hoping that now he’s fixed twitter he can go and get hyperloop up and running 😁
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:11 pm I’m hoping that now he’s fixed twitter he can go and get hyperloop up and running 😁
it'll be finished next year...
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He found out that people were building underground mass transit systems without having to create a vacuum and it blew his mind. Back to the drawing board.
An absolute unit
tim

Post by tim »

I still don't fully understand what Hyperloop is/was.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

tim wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:21 pm I still don't fully understand what Hyperloop is/was.
It's like a grown up version of the pneumatic tube transport systems that they used in supermarkets to send torpedoes of cash back and forth.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:35 pm
tim wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:21 pm I still don't fully understand what Hyperloop is/was.
It's like a grown up version of the pneumatic tube transport systems that they used in supermarkets to send torpedoes of cash back and forth.
very sucky!

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

McSwede wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:35 pm
I’d something people have been thinking about for the past 100 years or so and has never got anywhere because actual scientists realise that pulling a vacuum on a system that big would be basically impossible.

Just the usual musk ‘wacky’ ideas to get people talking and sending him lots of money.

Hyperloop as it actually exists is just some Tesla model Ss being a low speed underground shuttle service in las Vegas which is slower than just walking the same route 🤣
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Have any of the fake Musk accounts said they're starting a F1 team just for MV yet?
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Saw a 'day in the life at Twitter' filmed by a worker before Musk took over. There was zero work featured, almost no-one else in the office and their day seemed to revolve around free food, meeting pods and an empty yoga studio/roof terrace. It looked like a graveyard for freeloaders.

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Looks like Rich B designed the office space... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:03 pm Looks like Rich B designed the office space... :lol:
It does! Though someone hasn't done any proper workplace consultancy before spending lots of money if there's really that few people using it!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gavster wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:46 pm Saw a 'day in the life at Twitter' filmed by a worker before Musk took over. There was zero work featured, almost no-one else in the office and their day seemed to revolve around free food, meeting pods and an empty yoga studio/roof terrace. It looked like a graveyard for freeloaders.

Libs of tiktok is basically propaganda for the "anti-woke" movement though so I'd take anything they post with a pinch of salt tbh.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Rich B wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:06 pm
dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:03 pm Looks like Rich B designed the office space... :lol:
It does! Though someone hasn't done any proper workplace consultancy before spending lots of money if there's really that few people using it!
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

LibsOfTiktok is an right wing nutjob account intended specifically to dunk on lefties, it even has it's own wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libs_of_TikTok
The account has been described as promoting harassment against and criticizing teachers, medical providers, and children's hospitals and spreading false claims and hateful commentary against marginalized groups.
One of the wiki headings:
"Removal of tweets, Proud Boys and Patriot Front incidents, drag shows, and death threats (April – October 2022)"

Should give you the context you need... :lol:

Re the video, it's looks entirely intended to show the workplace culture of focussing on employee wellbeing, as opposed to the work itself, although in a typically 'fluffy' left/lib fashion, the sort that makes even me retch - I don't think that's particularly unusual if you're trying to give the impression of an org that wants to recruit and poach people from other high paying, good benefit orgs though.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Rich B

Post by Rich B »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63672307.amp

So now he's been such a cunt to them that he doesn't even trust his own staff. Genius.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63672307.amp

So now he's been such a cunt to them that he doesn't even trust his own staff. Genius.
So after telling all his employees to come to the office, he's closing the offices for three days (I'm assuming some people work at weekends). :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

A post on twitter claimed it was because he'd fired the people that manage the access card system, so nobody can physically get into the building....
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

There was also a rumour going around that so many people resigned that it was easier to close the office than cancel their access :lol:

The business genius strikes again
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:32 am A post on twitter claimed it was because he'd fired the people that manage the access card system, so nobody can physically get into the building....

edit: coz I quoted the wrong quote
Last edited by mik on Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.