Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Twitter

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:53 am I'm loving this!
It's great to watch, isn't it :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:47 am
Beany wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:49 am But he's a billionaire, Simon. He's a billionaire. You just don't understand his 4D chesss.

...no Elon stop trying to put the pawns up your nose and your backside....
How much longer? He's already set a record for largest loss of his fortune: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk- ... d-records/
He'll have enough investments in property and other relatively stable things to stay a billionaire, I'm sure.

Perhaps just the one or two, though.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

It's not news, but the thing with narcissists is that it's always someone else's fault

It can't ever be their own actions - that just doesn't compute

They're always the victim, because otherwise, they'd have to deal with the possibility that maybe it's them, not everyone else that's the problem

So it's not that Musk's actions are causing companies to remove their advertising budgets, it's those companies holding Musk/X to ransom, blackmailing him etc
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Being able to choose where to spend your own advertising money is a form of free speech, is it not ? Where is he on free speech these days ?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:01 am Being able to choose where to spend your own advertising money is a form of free speech, is it not ? Where is he on free speech these days ?
When it comes to him saying what he wants without consequences, he's in favour

If it's something being said by someone he doesn't like, or about something he doesn't agree with, he's against

[obviously] :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Next time I don't win a pitch at work, I'm just going tell the client "fuck you". And if my boss gets upset I'm just going to tell him to see how "earth" responds to that.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:54 am If X dies, who will honestly give too much of a crap… Everyone will just migrate to the next company who offer a similar platform. Happened before, will happen again.
If and when 'X' (appropriate context here) goes to the wall then I imagine those people financing it will want something back from their investment. The company, IP and all, will likely be sold to someone who knows how to 'social media' and the Twitter name (its most valuable asset) will be revived and used again and 'X' will be thrown in the bin. It'll still be a pale shadow of it's former self but at least it won't have Musk at the helm anymore.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Maybe it'll go the way of MySpace and Bebo.

You know, embaressment, then in the bin.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 am Next time I don't win a pitch at work, I'm just going tell the client "fuck you". And if my boss gets upset I'm just going to tell him to see how "earth" responds to that.
Exactly. THAT'S how you become a billionaire.

<something about chess>
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Can’t make an egg without breaking some omelettes.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 am Next time I don't win a pitch at work, I'm just going tell the client "fuck you". And if my boss gets upset I'm just going to tell him to see how "earth" responds to that.
I've just realised - this is a subtle indication that he's ready to colonise space. Quick, invest in SpaceX now and book a seat.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Simon

Post by Simon »

mik

Post by mik »

As safe for work as the unedited clip.

Simon

Post by Simon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Beany

Post by Beany »

Fucking LOL.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/07/busi ... index.html
The X owner and erratic billionaire conspiracy theorist went on a rampage Thursday against the Disney chief executive, assailing Iger for the Magic Kingdom’s decision to pull advertisements from his imperiled social media platform, and declaring that Iger should be forcibly removed from his job.

“He should be fired immediately,” Musk, who often uses his influential perch to bully critics and others, wrote about Iger on the platform formerly known as Twitter. “Walt Disney is turning in his grave over what Bob has done to his company.”

Representatives for Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But Iger is widely credited for boosting Disney into an entertainment juggernaut through a series of well-executed acquisitions — Star Wars, Marvel Studios, and Pixar — during his first stint as chief executive.

Disney, like a slew of other major companies, stopped advertising on X last month, after Musk endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory popular among White supremacists. Musk tacitly apologized for the post last week after the flurry of companies ceased their relationships with X, but simultaneously delivered a profanity-laced message to companies who decline to purchase ads from his social media platform.

“Go f**k yourself,” Musk repeatedly said on stage to the fleeing brands at The New York Times DealBook Summit.

At the summit, Musk singled out Iger, ranting against the Disney boss after he had explained earlier in the day that the entertainment giant had made the decision to stop advertising on X because of Musk.

“We just felt that the association with… Elon Musk and X was not necessarily a positive one for us,” Iger said.
Business Genius Elon Musk, pissing his pants because free speech only applies to people who pay him money :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Disney has decided to stop giving me money. I know what will persuade them to come back

Disney you mother fucking cunt!

There, that’ll work.

I’ve noticed the musk cock sucking appreciation club all saying they’ve cancelled their Disney plus accounts. That’ll last for about 10 mins until the kids want to watch frozen again
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Presumably they're all boycotting Chanel, CNN, Dell, Diageo, Hewlett-Packard, Kellogg Company, LinkedIn Corporation, Mars, Nestle, The Coca-Cola Company too...
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Because of all this Twitter/Disney thing and how Musk claims that Iger has done an awful job, I thought I'd check their share price

About two years ago (fuelled by pandemic and Disney+?) it was up to nearly $200, now it's less than $100, which is about late 2014/early 2015

So I guess Iger isn't doing a great job there (irrespective of anything that's happening at the moment)