Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

ZedLeg

Re: Twitter

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s true, I’m a fascist monster :(
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Quite how the mods there interpreted your posts in the way they did is beyond me. You did have plenty of actual fascists to argue with which I’m sure will not have been doing your mental health any good so perhaps it’s a blessing.
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:55 am It’s true, I’m a fascist monster :(
So you are actually banned? Temp or perm?

(I used the HSV section of PH when I had the VXR8, but never used much outside of there and haven’t been active on there for years).
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, permanently banned (on two accounts now, after I posted under a new name to ask why I had been banned :lol: ). Original account was banned for hate speech/incitement.

full disclosure I had copped 2 temp bans after some heated discussion in the thread about what’s happening in gaza.

Neither was for anything I said about Israel but I let myself get baited into personally insulting people, which they then reported.

The perm ban came after this comment in a thread about folk not having children that had got a bit ideological. (please don’t ban me matty)
IMG_0913.jpeg
IMG_0913.jpeg (103.81 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Which was a ref to replacement theory.

I had acquired a bit of a fan club over the course of my time posting there and can only assume that one of them has some sway with the mods. It’s happened to a few other more progressive posters in NP&E.

As Jobbo said, it’s probably for the best. That argumentative streak of mines isn’t my healthiest trait :lol:.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You never want to be 'known' on there because there are too many weirdo stalkers. Bit like Twitter I guess :lol:

Here's a very amusing thread: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... 443753&i=0
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:55 am It’s true, I’m a fascist monster :(
ZedLeg - so left wing, he appears on the righthand side of the stage... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

There is the horseshoe theory, that extreme left & extreme right are actually quite close to each other.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’ve always thought that horseshoe theory was invented by centrists so they can justify doing fuck all tbh :lol:
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:52 am You never want to be 'known' on there because there are too many weirdo stalkers. Bit like Twitter I guess :lol:

Here's a very amusing thread: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... 443753&i=0
So two PHers discovered that doing it back to back isn't as exciting as when they were in their respective boys boarding schools, and one of them had a hissy fit over it on the internet?

What a bunch of weirdos. And yes, I know that's not what it's about, but dear lord that place is tedious to read.

Anyway, Twitter tried to replace twitter links with x links and it went about we well as you'd expect. This is amateur hour stuff, even by my standards, which is hilarious because I'm not even a developer.

https://www.theregister.com/2024/04/10/ ... rl_blunder
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:52 am I’ve always thought that horseshoe theory was invented by centrists so they can justify doing fuck all tbh :lol:

Crank - My hero...I live my life by his teachings... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…