Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

drcarlos

Re: Twitter

Post by drcarlos »

Rich B wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:50 pm
tim wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:49 pm$8
exactly - he can legitimately get one now!
With the interaction the account is getting it would probably be worth it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

This made me laugh.

"Genius"
Beany

Post by Beany »

Also, lots of people who had Musk blocked are reporting that he's now only muted - not blocked.

Check the replies.

I'm pretty sure that's a bit shady, as well as being utterly fucking tragic. :lol:

Edit: More lulz

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Elon got everyone talking so much 😂
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

FhAdOIVUcAAWIo0.jpg
FhAdOIVUcAAWIo0.jpg (78.99 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
FhAdOIbUoAADWbZ.jpg
FhAdOIbUoAADWbZ.jpg (127.49 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
FhAv_hgXgAABXU5.jpg
FhAv_hgXgAABXU5.jpg (91.16 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beat me to it on that last one. :lol:
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Yet they are all still there.

It's like crack for lefties and he knows it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's almost like a platform that people have used as a primary comms platform for years, and how it's run, matters to people :roll:

Anyway, Musk has apparently discussed just paywalling the whole thing.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/7/2344 ... l-possible
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Beany wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:44 am It's almost like a platform that people have used as a primary comms platform for years, and how it's run, matters to people :roll:
It was free and they can go elsewhere if they wish, it's a free world. :roll:
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:41 am Yet they are all still there.

💯

And they'll stay too. All of Twitters competitors are rubbish. Twitter has at least 100x the amount of monthly users compared to Mastodon/Parler etc. People tweet because they want validation and other people to read their commentary, so will keep tweeting where they get the largest reaction.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That's why none of the right wing "free speech" platforms ever take off. They need the conflict to validate themselves, they get bored if everyone agrees with them. They might have an epiphany about how they're living their life :lol:
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Gavster wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:48 am

💯

And they'll stay too. All of Twitters competitors are rubbish. Twitter has at least 100x the amount of monthly users compared to Mastodon/Parler etc. People tweet because they want validation and other people to read their commentary, so will keep tweeting where they get the largest reaction.
Yep.

As for the competitors I have no idea what some of the ones that they've named are like. I've briefly tried alternatives like Parler and Telegram but ended up not bothering with any of them as as much as twitter was mental left, those two were mental right. I would imagine the Mastodon or what ever is like twitter but 100x worse. I don't have accounts on any of them now. I have FB but rarely post and only really use it for Marketplace and some groups.
I don't need the validation but it's quite hard not to laugh at what's happening and do some shitposting.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've got an account on Mastodon but I can't figure it out, if Twitter does shit the bed I might be able to finally wean myself off social media.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:55 am

💯

Yep.

As for the competitors I have no idea what some of the ones that they've named are like. I've briefly tried alternatives like Parler and Telegram but ended up not bothering with any of them as as much as twitter was mental left, those two were mental right. I would imagine the Mastodon or what ever is like twitter but 100x worse. I don't have accounts on any of them now. I have FB but rarely post and only really use it for Marketplace and some groups.
I don't need the validation but it's quite hard not to laugh at what's happening and do some shitposting.
It's quite funny that you're like "people are free to go elsewhere" then also acknowledge that elsewhere is either crap or full of far right loons. I wonder why people who have been on twitter for years aren't happy with the way it's going.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:02 am

💯

Yep.

It's quite funny that you're like "people are free to go elsewhere" then also acknowledge that elsewhere is either crap or full of far right loons. I wonder why people who have been on twitter for years aren't happy with the way it's going.
When I say 100x worse i meant the type of people there. Which for the people I refer to is probably fine in their eyes.

However this free to go elsewhere or build your own platform has been the standard response when anyone complained about twitter for the past 10 years.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:00 am if Twitter does shit the bed I might be able to finally wean myself off social media.
Then stay the hell off TikTok - it really is crack for the bored and unfulfilled. :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:09 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:00 am if Twitter does shit the bed I might be able to finally wean myself off social media.
Then stay the hell off TikTok - it really is crack for the bored and unfulfilled. :lol:
My partner is big on tik tok but it's not for me :lol:

I like twitter because I've built myself a nice little bubble. Not sure I could be arsed to start from scratch again.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:07 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:02 am

Yep.

When I say 100x worse i meant the type of people there. Which for the people I refer to is probably fine in their eyes.

However this free to go elsewhere or build your own platform has been the standard response when anyone complained about twitter for the past 10 years.
It's a dumb argument though isn't it? It's akin to saying if you don't like some art you try and do better. It's facetious.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:11 am My partner is big on tik tok but it's not for me :lol:
You're neither bored or unfulfilled so you should be grand.

Me, on the other hand... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »