Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

Beany

Re: Twitter

Post by Beany »

There was a big spike over that period, yeah, but it seems to be just normalising now.

Anyway, remember Grok? Twitters hot new AI that he wants to raise a billion for, and it's so cool and edgy and it'll swear and use memes and things?

You know that joke that every new AI is just a front end with an API call to Chat GPT?
Grok-ChatGPT.jpg
Grok-ChatGPT.jpg (49.35 KiB) Viewed 19563 times
Yup, Grok appears to be just a frontend with an API call to ChatGPT.

Or, it's been trained on ChatGPTs output, as a lot of cheapskates do, apparently. But they were too lazy to remove references to OpenAI in the output.

Edit: The PoC

One of Groks engineers claimed that this is very rare but inveitable because there's so much chatGPT data on the internet.

Other LLM people:
Attachments
X-to-Doubt.jpg
X-to-Doubt.jpg (18.46 KiB) Viewed 19547 times
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

DaveE wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:13 pm Because of all this Twitter/Disney thing and how Musk claims that Iger has done an awful job, I thought I'd check their share price

About two years ago (fuelled by pandemic and Disney+?) it was up to nearly $200, now it's less than $100, which is about late 2014/early 2015

So I guess Iger isn't doing a great job there (irrespective of anything that's happening at the moment)
none of that makes any difference to who they choose to advertise with.

Elon is just acting like a 6 year old with ADHD who's stayed up past his bedtime. As usual.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Rich B wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:51 pm
DaveE wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:13 pm Because of all this Twitter/Disney thing and how Musk claims that Iger has done an awful job, I thought I'd check their share price

About two years ago (fuelled by pandemic and Disney+?) it was up to nearly $200, now it's less than $100, which is about late 2014/early 2015

So I guess Iger isn't doing a great job there (irrespective of anything that's happening at the moment)
none of that makes any difference to who they choose to advertise with.
Which is what I said
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Beany wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:04 pm There was a big spike over that period, yeah, but it seems to be just normalising now.
'normalising' back to 2014/15 levels?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Normalising back to the levels they were consistently from 2014 to 2019, if you actually look at a longer term chart.

What a strange way to present that.
Beany

Post by Beany »

"Fucking whoops"

If you happened to notice links not working on twitter a short while ago, basically, white had submits bug, is told "lol not important, not paying you, not fixing it" on bug bounty. Whitehat sits on it for a year, as it's not fixed - but Twitter clearly don't think it's important, so eventually releases it.

It's very quickly chained into a full "click this link and lose your account" attack, and in the process of rushing to fix it, Twitter apparently broke all links in tweets on the site.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't try to penny pinch on bug bounties.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Beany wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:07 pm "Fucking whoops"
+1 for the Kano reference.

Twitter has been really slow for me recently. Hamsters need feeding.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ha, I've been using that for years, I missed it when I watched the new Mortal Kombat :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

This is your daily reminder that Musk is an idiot. Oh, and still fuck Russia. Gotta get that in there.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

😂 I wouldn’t put my strong opinion out there like that, our robot overlords are coming!
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

It walks like it's shat itself and it's desperately trying not to have lumps of clag fall down it's trouser leg.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Stick it in a ring with the Boston dynamics one
Simon

Post by Simon »

Beany wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:24 am It walks like it's shat itself
Perfect description.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I don't think anyone's really impressed with a robot that can kind of walk around on its legs a little bit like a human with these days. Maybe Disneyland might want it for decoration in one of the rides? Eh Bob?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

jamcg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:34 am Stick it in a ring with the Boston dynamics one
I think even Asimo would give it a kicking.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

According to an article in Autocar, Hyundai has got BD dogs working on the production line next year..
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think the Tesla one is the only robot built for a home environment though. I’d want it to be better so it could at least do boring stuff like all the household chores.
I don’t think I’d want something like Boston Dynamics capable in the house - that’s terrifyingly good and could kill me all too easily.
Tesla robot walking slowly like it shat itself - this I can live with.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

If you think that thing will be remotely useful in a house at any point in the next 50 years, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:17 am I think the Tesla one is the only robot built for a home environment though. I’d want it to be better so it could at least do boring stuff like all the household chores.
I don’t think I’d want something like Boston Dynamics capable in the house - that’s terrifyingly good and could kill me all too easily.
Tesla robot walking slowly like it shat itself - this I can live with.
If that's what you want, move to Milton Keynes:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

In "Something Ricked This Way Comes" upon its creation, the "Butter Robot" asks Rick, "What is my purpose?", in response, Rick tells it to pass the butter. Moments after completing its task, the Robot repeats, "What is my purpose?" Rick clarifies that it passes butter. It looks down realizing its sole reason for existence is for something so mundane and says "Oh my god." Rick responds "Yeah, welcome to the club, pal."