Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

duncs500

Re: Twitter

Post by duncs500 »

I do think in general all the social media platforms slowly get made slightly shitter, but I guess it's just a normal function of going from a start up who just want to gain traction by making their users happy, to a business who just want to make their shareholders happy.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 pm Now I've noticed tweets disappearing from in front of my eyes as I'm half way through reading them. Still suffering the same when clicking to open a tweet in a new tab. Functionality seems to be breaking.
Twitter could spend engineering time investigating issues like this, but instead they're making a sarcastic AI.

https://www.theregister.com/2023/11/06/ai_in_brief/
"A unique and fundamental advantage of Grok is that it has real-time knowledge of the world via the 𝕏 platform. It will also answer spicy questions that are rejected by most other AI systems,"
So if you ask it what colour the sky is, it'll try to sell you on a crypto scam, then call you a racist slur.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Beany wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:49 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 pm Now I've noticed tweets disappearing from in front of my eyes as I'm half way through reading them. Still suffering the same when clicking to open a tweet in a new tab. Functionality seems to be breaking.
Twitter could spend engineering time investigating issues like this, but instead they're making a sarcastic AI.

https://www.theregister.com/2023/11/06/ai_in_brief/
"A unique and fundamental advantage of Grok is that it has real-time knowledge of the world via the 𝕏 platform. It will also answer spicy questions that are rejected by most other AI systems,"
So if you ask it what colour the sky is, it'll try to sell you on a crypto scam, then call you a racist slur.
Do we need an AI for that? The platform is full of "people" that will do that without even having to be asked.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I know its early days but the whole AI thing seems like a shit search engine for lazy people so far. For something that seems to collate all the results across the web it still gives a pretty rubbish answer all the time which would be trumped by spending 30 seconds on Google.
Then again I guess its useful for school homework ...until you get to exams.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Beany

Post by Beany »

Yup, definitely what they need when they're no longer getting API money from Microsoft for Xbox integration, or Sony for PS integration, on top of their collapsing ad revenue and shrinking userbase.

https://www.eurogamer.net/sony-is-dropp ... -next-week
Simon

Post by Simon »

Elon is such a big brain that some of Twitter's biggest advertisers are now pulling their spend from Twitter (I refuse to call it X) because Musk is basically an antisemitic cunt. I wonder how the Musk simps will spin this one.

As in the comments in that article, Twitter is now just an unmoderated cess pit with the owner himself tweeting antisemitic bile. What's the point anymore?

I hope he loses a lot of money on it and it hurts him.
Last edited by Simon on Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, but he's a billionaire. You don't have that much money so obviously you're a stupid.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Apparently funders are keen to dissociate themselves from Musk as a consequence. Which has ramifications for his other businesses too. Oh dear.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:33 am Apparently funders are keen to dissociate themselves from Musk as a consequence. Which has ramifications for his other businesses too. Oh dear.
Ooh, tell me more!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

If it hadn't happened already, this looks like a real Ratner moment for Musk:

He first says that advertisers can go fuck themselves, then repeats it louder, then says that Twitter will fail without advertisers and that people will blame the advertisers. The interviewer points out that people will probably blame Elon, as if that needed saying.
Beany

Post by Beany »

But he's a billionaire, Simon. He's a billionaire. You just don't understand his 4D chesss.

...no Elon stop trying to put the pawns up your nose and your backside....
Simon

Post by Simon »

Why, in that video, has he got the look of a man that's just done 5 lines of coke?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Is this a parody of the parody tv show Silicon Valley? :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

What horrific slander.

He 'microdoses' ketamine, don't you know?

The best part of the video is the nervous laughter of the audience, who all know that he's blatantly talking shit, but feel they have to respond somehow.

He's literally gaslighting in real time - everyone sitting there knows that it's Musk killing the company through his behaviour/strategy/incompetence that's making the advertisers run a mile, but he thinks that if he says otherwise, loud enough and often enough, that it'll somehow not be true. His fuckwit followers will repeat that, but no-one with an IQ above 80 will.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Has he been getting cosmetic surgery on his face, he looks weird.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Beany wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:49 am But he's a billionaire, Simon. He's a billionaire. You just don't understand his 4D chesss.

...no Elon stop trying to put the pawns up your nose and your backside....
How much longer? He's already set a record for largest loss of his fortune: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk- ... d-records/
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I'm loving this!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If X dies, who will honestly give too much of a crap… Everyone will just migrate to the next company who offer a similar platform. Happened before, will happen again.