Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Twitter

Post by Jobbo »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:50 pm I can confirm the Newport Pagnell ones don’t say Power, Beauty, Soul though …
Oh, do they say ‘Live Laugh Love’ now?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I reckon having robots walk like they’ve shat themselves is done on purpose. It makes it look human and more vulnerable vs this fecker which looks like it will eviscerate you.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Why hasn’t Musk just bought Boston Dynamics? Or has he got no money now?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Can't wait till they combine Boston Dynamics robots with ChatGPT or Gemini.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Lol. Embedded tweets have been fucked all day. Got a tweet embedded somewhere (see from Page 55 here) ?
Screenshot from 2023-12-16 17-38-56.png
Screenshot from 2023-12-16 17-38-56.png (58.48 KiB) Viewed 8695 times
That's what you get.

On other sites, it'll load some content, but not the frames, etc.

Amazing.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

You mean those embed tweets that only worked if you changed the link to the name Elon doesn’t want you to use anymore? :lol: whole thing is still like a rolling laugh of what has he fucked up this week
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Holy shit the future is coming
Beany

Post by Beany »

Important note: Optimus cannot yet do this autonomously
It's literally playing back a stored routine

Funny how he didn't include that in the original tweet, isn't it?

Edit: It looks like it's being tele-operated by someone to the right.

Pathetic.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Look at it from the perspective that this is only what, 2 years old now? Bet you couldn't fold a shirt by yourself when you were 2 :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:24 pm Look at it from the perspective that this is only what, 2 years old now? Bet you couldn't fold a shirt by yourself when you were 2 :lol:
This is from over two years ago. There's a 'click to buy' link in this videos description.

It's clearly bollocks that he then had to back down from what he was previously doing - presenting it as autonomous - when his team were too dumb to properly camera block the teleoperator and he was called out on it by several people pointing it out.

Autonomously bipedal walking robots are now quite common in the research world, and teleoperation is not new by any stretch, not even highly dextrous variations.

It's a hype building exercise based on vapourware, and you fell for it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I see the potential, this is still early days and it will improve exponentially.
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 pm Holy shit the future is coming
Optimus folds a "shirt".....badly. :lol:

I like that the bloke on the right shoulder of the 'droid looks like he's also hung from the roof on a rope affixed to his noggin.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Last edited by Sundayjumper on Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Beany wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:06 pm

Pathetic.
Why is a humanoid the best shape? Is it because we’ve created our homes and workspaces to our shape.. I feel there’s a better form out there for our future lords-and-masters.
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

IanF wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:46 pm

Pathetic.
Why is a humanoid the best shape? Is it because we’ve created our homes and workspaces to our shape.. I feel there’s a better form out there for our future lords-and-masters.
It took a few hundred million years of evolution for my god like body to reach its current form. Good luck designing something better in just a few years ;)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:15 pm

Pathetic.
It took a few hundred million years of evolution for my god like body to reach its current form. Good luck designing something better in just a few years ;)
Crazy I think that hundreds of millions of years of evolution have led to us still not being very good at ironing and folding t shirts though...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:05 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:15 pm

Crazy I think that hundreds of millions of years of evolution have led to us still not being very good at ironing and folding t shirts though...
We were wondering about with nothing more than a loin cloth until relatively recently!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ah, the Streisand effect.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 1853f9a766

Long story short, Musk repeatedly boosted a full blown neo-nazi apologia account saying that a jewish kid was a false flag CIA agent - a kid who wasn't even in the same state as the time the incident being 'discussed', that kid and their family had to move out of their home due to the harassment and so are now suing him for damages as without his repeated boosting of the account and their views (which over a million people saw) they'd never have had the problem.

Musk didn't even know what the case was about. He assumed it was some lawyer trying to get money out of him. He clearly didn't even read the motion or discuss it with his legal representation, despite being personally called for deposition.

Also the article (And court filings) confirm that the weird Musk Child account last year was absolutely him - he deleted the account the day that the court asked for details. He also confirmed it in the deposition, but claimed not to have used it. Which isn't likely, given the screenshots of it being one of his 'switchable profiles' reported at the time.

His lawyers desperately tried to get his deposition made confidential - probably because it shows Musk up as being mindlbowingly ignorant (The account he replied to was full of antisemetic rhetoric - he claimed he tries to be accurate, but that shows he either knew the account was massively bigoted, or he didn't and just replied to it because it confirms to his worldview) and laughably lacking in any kind of perspective, or an understanding how social media works - and they failed, so that article has a link to all his wildly out of touch non-answers; such as thinking that having your family being hounded out of their home by nazis doxxing them is not 'being meaningfully harmed'.

By coincidental timing, on the subject of Musks worldview, here's a 90 minute video on that which is well researched, sourced and presented on how Musk really seems to have a hard time not surrounding himself with nazis, nazi symphathisers, anti semites, and vocally supporting them.

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's probably the 21st Century Henry Ford.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

It could all be a horrible mistake - after all, @ZedLeg has now been banned from PH for being too right-wing :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Zedleg, you monster :cry: