The Protest Thread.

ZedLeg

Re: The Protest Thread.

Post by ZedLeg »

It's not disrupting people's lives and it'll definitely bring international press, still doing it wrong though?

ETA just looked up the news about it and I have the same pink fuck the police bag :lol:

Last edited by ZedLeg on Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:24 pm Throwing eggs at the King ?? :roll:

You’d think that if you were going to partake in this kind of thing, you’d spend some time on your egg-propelling technique wouldn’t you? They all missed.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

What was he protesting about? You'd think as a Green Party candidate he might side a little with KC.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:44 pm What was he protesting about?
He doesn't appear to have been protesting about anything - he didn't seem to make any particular demands (Unlike out Stop the Oil friends) or request any changes in anything (unlike our Stop the Oil Friends).

He appears to have attempted to assault two pensioners for likes on Social Media.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Careful Dinny, you'll cut your head off if you clutch those pearls any harder.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I suppose I was just raised right - brought up with a sense of fairness and decency and had it instilled in me that integrity is perhaps the most important of human traits. Not everyone was raised that way.

So I see these various things we've been discussing in differing lights. Gantry Protesters on the M25 are a frustration. While I can understand why they are happening, I don't think their methods will ultimately succeed and will/may (delete as appropriate) actually work against what we all, as society NEED to happen. For example, will politicians public support a policy which seems to be driven by a "Stop the Oil" target in light of the public frustrations etc.

Throwing eggs at ANYONE, let alone the King of England is not an unacceptable form of protest under any circumstances in my opinion.

I don't own any Pearls - working class folk can't afford pearls, but I will keep clutching my integrity tightly until the day I die.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:55 pm I suppose I was just raised right - brought up with a sense of fairness and decency and had it instilled in me that integrity is perhaps the most important of human traits. Not everyone was raised that way.
Alright dinny :lol:

What's decent and fair about someone inheriting into huge wealth and influence while not doing anything useful?
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

A debate about the merits of the Royal Family deserves another thread IMO :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:00 pm
dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:55 pm I suppose I was just raised right - brought up with a sense of fairness and decency and had it instilled in me that integrity is perhaps the most important of human traits. Not everyone was raised that way.
Alright dinny :lol:

What's decent and fair about someone inheriting into huge wealth and influence while not doing anything useful?
Some people are born beautiful, some people are born ugly, some tall, some short, some rich, some poor, some talented, some thick as mince.

The only useless people are ones who blame others for all of their own issues.

The wealthiest person I know of wears pink shirts and no socks, I’ll stick to being fat, poor and ugly 😂

Dave!
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:06 pm pink shirts and no socks
How is nebpor these days?
Cunt.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Wilspeed wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:36 pm
V8Granite wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:06 pm pink shirts and no socks
How is nebpor these days?
I would guess at camouflaged, covert and alert.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

My oh recently went to an event about creating NFTs for climate change. She's an artist and had been displaying at a show when someone invited her. When she arrived it was actually an enrolment event for the just stop oil people, who, in an insane lack of self-awareness, had decided to invite lots of artists. The just stop oil people told them the world was going to die in three years and they needed artists to make NFTs for them, to help fund their cause. My gf, and a few others asked them why on god's earth they'd expect artists to help them when they've spent the last few months defacing the world's greatest art 😂.

The arrogance and lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That's bizarre. Why would any climate change protest group (or artist tbh) get involved with NFTs
An absolute unit
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:07 am That's bizarre. Why would any climate change protest group (or artist tbh) get involved with NFTs
It is somewhat bizarre from the oil people. On the artists side, NFTs are huuuuge in the art world, same goes for AI, VR, etc etc.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I don't think I know any artists who want their stuff associated with the blockchain, maybe that's why they're all skint :lol:
An absolute unit
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I mean there was literally an NFT pavilion at the Venice biennial and there will be a big NFT thing at Miami art Basel. Tezos blockchain is very popular with artists, due to being low environmental impact.

Are your artist friends painters by any chance? Painters are always bitter 😄
Beany

Post by Beany »

Gavster wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:29 am My oh recently went to an event about creating NFTs for climate change. She's an artist and had been displaying at a show when someone invited her. When she arrived it was actually an enrolment event for the just stop oil people, who, in an insane lack of self-awareness, had decided to invite lots of artists. The just stop oil people told them the world was going to die in three years and they needed artists to make NFTs for them, to help fund their cause. My gf, and a few others asked them why on god's earth they'd expect artists to help them when they've spent the last few months defacing the world's greatest art 😂.

I assumed the humour here was that your oh does oil paintings.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Beany wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:08 am
Gavster wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:29 am My oh recently went to an event about creating NFTs for climate change. She's an artist and had been displaying at a show when someone invited her. When she arrived it was actually an enrolment event for the just stop oil people, who, in an insane lack of self-awareness, had decided to invite lots of artists. The just stop oil people told them the world was going to die in three years and they needed artists to make NFTs for them, to help fund their cause. My gf, and a few others asked them why on god's earth they'd expect artists to help them when they've spent the last few months defacing the world's greatest art 😂.

I assumed the humour here was that your oh does oil paintings.
Not quite, she paints herself yellow, wears motion tracking suits and then performs in virtual reality as an alien, or gets the audience to wear EEG + VR headsets and then changes the environment when your anxiety levels increase to disorient you.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:07 am That's bizarre. Why would any climate change protest group (or artist tbh) get involved with NFTs
Do NFTs have much of an environmental impact? Crypto mining, yes, not sure about blockchain itself.