Re: The Protest Thread.

Post by Sundayjumper »

98BC4F3B-0DCA-4ECD-87F6-F6FC82AA3A45.jpeg
98BC4F3B-0DCA-4ECD-87F6-F6FC82AA3A45.jpeg (55.28 KiB) Viewed 858 times
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol:

Edit; ah yes, after googling I remember reading that at the time https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... -the-woods

You've reminded me of this (goes straight to clip);
John

Post by John »

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

To be fair that's quite impressive, way more spectacular than throwing soup at a painting :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Good aim :o :lol:
I think the protest on the bridge is a better way of going about that gluing to roads or throwing things at paintings (and if you're throwing soup, surely it should be Campbell's at a Warhol. It's pointless protesting Stop Oil at a Van Gogh oil painting because he already has stopped :roll: ).
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I think after seeing how upset it made people while I came back from Ramsgate, the amount of stopped traffic and peoples lives it badly affected, I’d be quite happy if they fell off quickly and landed head first onto the road.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:42 am
To be fair that's quite impressive, way more spectacular than throwing soup at a painting :lol:
...and they're still there; https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/n ... nt-275346/
Not many people will have had a view from the top of the bridge, they should make the most of it and do some ux type vids. Showing sunset-moonrise-sunrise might have engaged people with something relatable (it's hard not to say "here's what you could have won" after the Bully post).
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:50 am I think after seeing how upset it made people while I came back from Ramsgate, the amount of stopped traffic and peoples lives it badly affected, I’d be quite happy if they fell off quickly and landed head first onto the road.

Dave!
Yebut then the bridge would be closed for a police investigation :?

I wonder what maintenance could be done while the bridge is closed?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, I've apparently become far right this week for suggesting the soup protest was stupid :lol:
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

I’m missing something here.

Peole have the right to peaceful protest, but

1. It’s an offence to block the highway
2. any member of the public is allowed to use reasonable force to prevent an offence from being committed.

Why can’t people (and the cops) just drag them away?

They also look suspiciously like group suicide pacts to me? Surely it’s an action of care to pull them aside and cable tie them to something solid to help them?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

People have been dragging protesters away from the streets. Only reason I know that is because of the Twitter posts I've seen where there's lots of people saying that it amounts to assault... why aren't they prosecuting the guy doing the dragging etc.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The protestors on the bridge are not blocking anything, it's the Police that are blocking the road.
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Yes, but the ones in central London are.

They're getting publicity but don't seem to be achieving much else. Closing the bridge (for health and safety and all that) is just going to lead to traffic delays and longer round trips. Same for blocking roads. I have no idea what those ones pouring milk on the floor in Waitrose are hoping is going to happen.

Just all seems really poorly thought-out and while its not a major thing, they also seem to have an image problem as it all seems to have the energy of a bunch of privileged white kids having a strop.
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:11 am
V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:50 am I think after seeing how upset it made people while I came back from Ramsgate, the amount of stopped traffic and peoples lives it badly affected, I’d be quite happy if they fell off quickly and landed head first onto the road.

Dave!

Ok, change it to land in the water 😂

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Same problem that XR have, poorly thought out stunts by out of touch people.

I do think blocking roads etc are better protests than the soup throwing and milk spilling. At least they're related to the subject at hand.
An absolute unit
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

mik wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:38 am I’m missing something here.

Peole have the right to peaceful protest, but

1. It’s an offence to block the highway
2. any member of the public is allowed to use reasonable force to prevent an offence from being committed.

Why can’t people (and the cops) just drag them away?

They also look suspiciously like group suicide pacts to me? Surely it’s an action of care to pull them aside and cable tie them to something solid to help them?
Disruptive protests will become more difficult with the new Public Order Bill - it's specifically aimed at preventing protests which hold the public to ransom, such as roadblocks.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:33 am
Aye, I've apparently become far right this week for suggesting the soup protest was stupid :lol:
Always knew you were a closet Tory :lol:

The soup protest was only relevant to other protesters, it was a protest for the sake of protest that would only impress other protestors, rather than serving to recruit new supporters to their cause.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:10 am

Dave!

Dave!
Pretty certain they already will, those bridge pylons and cables are a considerable distance away from the sides of the road so there’s no risk of the cunts falling into traffic below.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:10 am

Dave!

Dave!

They didn't base jump down; I feel cheated :x
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/n ... ed-275486/