Post by Beany »

Got mine, it's pretty good.

That is all :D

The camera zoom is stonking.
Simon

Re: Pixel 7

Post by Simon »

Mine's here, along with the buds.

Eating lunch and sorting my wife's new phone so will look at it later.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Now had a text to say package is being delivered between 2 and 3. The original email from Google said the earphones would be delivered separately so I don't know what's coming.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Review of every new phone:

It has a bit nicer screen and a bit better camera than the last one.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Don’t forget the better battery life :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mine keeps falling off the sofa arm where its charging as too shiny. Also the screen seems more dusty than my other phone with no screen cover on at the side of it.

I've not really used it yet but its a big step up from my very aged p20 pro which its only main fault is a buggered battery.

Main reason for changing was that and 5g.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Got mine also. Not set it up yet as I don't know the wifi password at work :lol:

First thoughts - it's noticably heavier than my LG V30.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The camera zoom really is amazing I have to add. Also speakers arent bad. Gradually getting it set up as per my last phone so I can find things.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ok Google-fuckers. It's requesting a Domain to connect to the wifi. It sems this is a bit of a porblem and has been since late 2020/beginning of 2021.

What's the solution?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I synced my old phone with the new one over wifi so didnt have to do any of that.... maybe start again ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:35 pm Ok Google-fuckers. It's requesting a Domain to connect to the wifi. It sems this is a bit of a porblem and has been since late 2020/beginning of 2021.

What's the solution?
A competent it dept?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:41 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:35 pm Ok Google-fuckers. It's requesting a Domain to connect to the wifi. It sems this is a bit of a porblem and has been since late 2020/beginning of 2021.

What's the solution?
A competent it dept?
:lol:

There are 4 people employed in this company, and not a single one would profess to being that IT competent. Oh and the wifi is building wifi, not ours.

Sorted it myself in the end. Opted for "trust on first use" and it pulled all the info itself for the CA cert and domain.

This IT shit's a piece of piss ;)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ordered one of these at midday and it arrived a bit ago. Decent service and I can now not worry about dropping it.

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Broccers wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:14 pm Ordered one of these at midday and it arrived a bit ago. Decent service and I can now not worry about dropping it.

They are super slippery! Where did you get the case from?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

@Zonda_ Amazon. Spigen rugged.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

What are people using to charge? I charged mine from 40% at 11 last night and it took toll 7am to reach 100
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My 6 Pro is the same. A nice Spigen case makes it much better.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:47 am What are people using to charge? I charged mine from 40% at 11 last night and it took toll 7am to reach 100
I used a 20w power bank and it charged fine - remember it does the smart charging thing at night to not stress the battery.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I've ordered a proper new charger from Google as my old LG one's getting a bit tired now anyway.

Pretty happy with mine so far. I've got a lot more playing about to do with it, as I've spent most of last night and some of this morning getting all the apps setup/signed in etc. Not played with the camera yet.

A couple of minor annoyances though:

1: The app drawer. What a turd. Much prefer the old way where I can keep things in folders. Yes I know I can do that on the additional home screens but meh

2: Discovered last night/this monrning. You can't seem to set (unless I've missed it) different snooze times for different alarms. I used to have a 5min snooze for weekdays but a 10min one for weekends/less important wake-up calls. It seems to be a universal setting.

3: I need to figure out how to move the date widget on the Home screen. The default means you can't have apps lining the top of the Home page, which I prefer for the minimalism. But you can on the additional screens. There must be a way.

4: It's slipperier than a well worn wet bar of soap in a prison shower. Despite hating protective covers (they're like car-bras imo - what'd the point of having something nice looking if you're then going to cover it up and never see it?) I think I might have to get one. Will try the Spigen clear one first.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Annoyingly mine won't stay connected to the car bluetooth. If it keeps dropping out it's no good to me and will have to go back.