Pixel 7

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Pixel 7

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mine's just arrived. Kindly left outside the front door of the office by the Yodel driver, along with someone else's parcel. It's only because our office has a floor to ceiling window directly over the door that I spotted him and got down there pronto before a passing scrote could see them.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm finding this thing alright. It's not big enough to be garish (it's actually very subtle overall), it's light enough to not be annoying, and it does a decent job of handling notifications etc.

It's.....fine...?

The battery life ain't bad either. I don't fiddle with it much, and so it lasted from 3pm yesterday or so, to 4pm today getting to 30% charge, and within 45 mins it had charged back up to about 90%.

Yeah, OK, that's not amazing battery life (a few days would be nice) but it's.....fine....?

I don't hate it, which following my previous experience with smartwatches (back when they were heavy and annoying) is not bad.

A chum said 'welcome to three years ago' with regards to me getting a smartwatch, but frankly, now that I have one, I can confirm that smartwatches are the domain of the sophisticated, educated, entertaining, inherently cool types - whereas before they were the preserve of weird, smelly nerds.

You can thank me later.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:28 pm I'm finding this thing alright. It's not big enough to be garish (it's actually very subtle overall), it's light enough to not be annoying, and it does a decent job of handling notifications etc.

It's.....fine...?

The battery life ain't bad either. I don't fiddle with it much, and so it lasted from 3pm yesterday or so, to 4pm today getting to 30% charge, and within 45 mins it had charged back up to about 90%.

Yeah, OK, that's not amazing battery life (a few days would be nice) but it's.....fine....?

I don't hate it, which following my previous experience with smartwatches (back when they were heavy and annoying) is not bad.

A chum said 'welcome to three years ago' with regards to me getting a smartwatch, but frankly, now that I have one, I can confirm that smartwatches are the domain of the sophisticated, educated, entertaining, inherently cool types - whereas before they were the preserve of weird, smelly nerds.

You can thank me later.
My watch is still in its box. I might wrap it up and gift it to myself at xmas :lol:

The phone is a bit heavier than my previous one but the same weight of the latest iphone after picking up the wrong one in the pub yesterday.

I've a 'carmount' magnetic holder for the boxster and even with some mad driving it didnt fall off - the magnet is on the outside of the spigen case tho.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Software update out to fix fingerprint issues - mine was useless previously, seems better.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Good, because at times it's a right PITA. Nowehere near as good as my outgoing V30.

Other annoyances:

- when either making a call back from a missed call, off the status screen, or when having received a call, is it me or is it not that intuitive as to how TF you end the call? There doesn't appear to be a hang up option without first navigating to the call screen.

- if you double tap the screen to check the time or notifications etc, you can't double tap to turn it back off again.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I didn't realise you can have many fingerprints to open things either. So have registered some left hand ones for when I'm driving and need to read my emails and text in traffic :lol: Try updating and your print too :)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, I've got thumb, index and middle finger on both hands enrolled, that covers 90% of things.

Never had a problem with the fingerprint reader on my one, so far at least.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:29 pm Yeah, I've got thumb, index and middle finger on both hands enrolled, that covers 90% of things.
???

You can only register 4 prints...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ha, you're right, I was sure I had more.

Both thumbs and index fingers now :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I've been looking at the shortcuts and tips for the camera. These phones have a lot more to offer than you can just guess at. The camera in particular

https://www.guidingtech.com/best-pixel- ... nd-tricks/

I'm obviously not geeky enough :lol:

Manged to turn off the fitbit telling me to move today after not wearing the watch for more than 2 days.