Energy companies direct debits

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Energy companies direct debits

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:29 pm Well our October bill is way less than half their made up massive figure for the DD.
Is that because of the credit from the government?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:22 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:29 pm Well our October bill is way less than half their made up massive figure for the DD.
The credit is paid back to my bank account and not applied to the balance. I think it's different if you owe them tho so they just apply it to your account with them, not your bank.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:39 pm
The credit is paid back to my bank account and not applied to the balance. I think it's different if you owe them tho so they just apply it to your account with them, not your bank.
Both our accounts with Bulb have simply had the £66/month added, despite both being in credit. They're now quite a lot in credit after a couple of months of credits.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:17 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Both our accounts with Bulb have simply had the £66/month added, despite both being in credit. They're now quite a lot in credit after a couple of months of credits.
I'm with edf - I would imagine they are all different. You having money in their accounts is better for them I guess :) I'm 400 in credit
Simon

Post by Simon »

With Sainsbury's Energy (Eon Next) and they reduced my monthlies by £66 and showed both my payment and the govt payment going into the account. I was already in credit.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

After last month's one being put on my bill, this month's has been sent to my bank account.

Consistency, yeah?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Well an update on this. Edf have not taken any money from my account for 2 months now. I actually owe them. Progress. December bill is quite large.