Thinking of getting a dashcam?

RobYob

Re: Thinking of getting a dashcam?

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:35 am LMG is not a small entity any more. They cannot behave like they're your pals, etc.
..snip...
They made thousands off those t-shirts, which Linus was only too pleased to crow about - you think he'll give a shit if he can get $50lk from Intel/AMD? Clearly, the money is what matters, not actual standards or ethics. Linus, the face of the brand, has already demonstrated that's all he cares about.....
Yep, they've so been able to have cake and eat it as "the little but growing guys" but their new products throw them into a whole new level.

I'm slightly more generous in my thinking that a combination of fear/ego/naivety/fanboy enablement lead to this result rather than outright avarice. But certainly should be a wakeup call to them that if their CEO is going to be unfiltered, he needs to be told explicitely when he's being an f-wit and to own up to that.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I thought this was a thread about dashcams- I don't understand a word of the last 10 posts.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I do think Linus made an error, and I’m glad he has realised and corrected that. He really should have appreciated the hypocrisy of not offering a warranty when that’s something he’d call out any other seller on.

But he’s listened and fixed it. I can’t imagine this is going to happen again. It’s not a Ratner moment.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:13 am I thought this was a thread about dashcams- I don't understand a word of the last 10 posts.
That’s the first of the last eleven posts that I understand.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Rossmann has called LMG out on it too and they know each other well enough. LMG is 80+ people now. Why he thought 'trust me bro' would fly is beyond me.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Aside - I've finally bought replacement batteries (and a battery grip because why not?) for my old 40D.

So my pictures might get less spud-u-like in the future.