Old Consoles

integrale_evo

Re: Old Consoles

Post by integrale_evo »

Emulator schmemulator. I’d sill rather play on original hardware wherever possible.

Although yes, taken at face value, early polygon graphics are pretty awful :lol: still love plugging in my sega Saturn for an hour or so of sega rally every now and then.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I find it a heck of a lot easier to get a decent picture on a modern LCD telly with an emulator. Particularly on PS1.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, that’s the main appeal. Our TVs still have scart input so get a nice crisp picture on consoles with a proper scart output. I’ve got a megadrive but don’t bother with it, I use an hdmi megadrive mini for the occasional retro blast.

I don’t know though, I still enjoy the taking out of the case, putting into the machine, watching the boot sequence and waiting for it to load. Just like sometimes it’s nice to put a cd on and listen to an album as it was intended to be listened to.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I haven’t plugged in any of my old consoles since I got rid of my last crt TV. I still play the games but it’s usually whatever updated version is about.

I’m tempted by one of those mame based handhelds that are going round now. I’ve heard good things about the Anbernic ones but I probably wouldn’t use it that much.
An absolute unit
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I had a Atari Jaguar but I gave it to a geeky mate who collects such things, also gave him my Psion 5+.

I have a boxed PS2 with multitap I bought for a night in with a few mates, it then got reboxed for over a decade, the kids had a wee go but I bought them an Xbox (One I think) at the start of lockdown and my son loves it.

I gave an old PSone I had to the local children's Ward (many moons ago) and they were really pleased to have it so worth that or a kids club/charity if you find more.