Women organising things

Explosive Newt

Re: Women organising things

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mine organises everything to the last detail, which comes from her compunction to be a neat freak and tidy everything, but is very indecisive.

It does mean when I get home from work (often with massive decision fatigue and just wanting to have a nice sit down) I get bombarded with decisions to make.
dinny_g wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:27 pm My other half does fuck all

Which is fine because when she does, it’s a fucking disaster
:lol: examples please!!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:13 pm but is very indecisive.

It does mean when I get home from work (often with massive decision fatigue and just wanting to have a nice sit down) I get bombarded with decisions to make.
So much this.

Most of the time I'm asked to make decision on things that she knows much more about, or I'm not interested in so really couldn't care less. I really just need to start making random decisions, because I get in grief for saying it's up to her, or making the wrong choice. Quicker just to make the wrong choice and get to the end game of her deciding anyway.:lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:13 pmIt does mean when I get home from work (often with massive decision fatigue and just wanting to have a nice sit down) I get bombarded with decisions to make.
This…

My councillor calls it “The Burden of Responsibility”
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Divorce is clearly the way forward. :lol: :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:40 pm Divorce is clearly the way forward. :lol: :lol:
well you've done it enough times! 😬😉
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Rich B wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:30 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:40 pm Divorce is clearly the way forward. :lol: :lol:
well you've done it enough times! 😬😉
Damn right! 8-)

Mind you, I'm just going to find someone who hates me and give them a house. :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:57 pm This may appear sexist (it probably is) BUT how often does your better half accidentally make a whoops.

Case in point - at a wedding weds, middle of nowhere in a wood. Our digs were apparently 10 mins walk away - this was untrue, it was in another county in a place with the same name.

I'm obviously perfect. Might just be my o h ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ExWife2 booked us plane tickets to fly up to Edenborough about two years into the relationship. She was extremely cross to discover that she had managed to book a ticket for herself and one for her first husband.

Many years later, we renovated our kitchen. When we were done, we were taking the piss about how it was missing a "Live, Laugh, Love" sign and coming up with other Three Word Slogans. I came up with "Banal Vapid Platitudes" and that was her favourite. A few days later, she had a package delivered that was a wall sticker to go over the archway into the dining room.

Unfortunately for the former copywriter, she had ordered "Banal Vapid Platititudes" instead

Now, the thing is, I spotted this but didn't know how to break it to her that it wasn't right without it somehow becoming my fault and my life becoming really quite shit for a while so I let her post it on Facebook and let Denton, Rev and various other pedants point it out instead. I currently have a picture frame with "Banal Vapid Platitudes" in it as a reminder to not ignore massive fucking red flags again. 8-)
Banal Vapid Platitudes
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

This might fit in this thread, somewhere...; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... l-62563165
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

My wife organises everything primarily because

1. She's very good at it.
2. I'm utterly useless at it.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.