Hermes/Evri

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: Hermes/Evri

Post by Gavster »

"There's been a delay, your parcel will be delivered next working day"

:lol:

Royal Mail is a complete clusterfuck at the moment, there's no guarantee anything will arrive within a couple of weeks and Hermes/Evri/InPost are the only viable competitor on price, so I sent a small, low value package with them yesterday :o
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yeah, I had two items arrive via RM, both 'first class' and both took over a week to get to me... Utterly ridiculous.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

DPD are slipping too, my item was supposed to go to the drop point on Tues, driver claims couldn't find address (of their nominated drop shop) and it's been showing back at depot ever since. Slow clap
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Barry wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:36 pm DPD are slipping too, my item was supposed to go to the drop point on Tues, driver claims couldn't find address (of their nominated drop shop) and it's been showing back at depot ever since. Slow clap
Mine arrived on Tues, from a Thursday drop. Laughably there was another pre 12 with dpd that was supposed to land Tues - it didn't.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Fcking Royal Mail now. Items are taking a week or two to arrive. FFS.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Royal Mail are currently processing parcels they picked up from us a fortnight ago. We've had to re-arrange our holiday shipping plans to work around it but obviously the vast majority of our volume from BF/CM is now sitting in cages at the RM depot, so there's not much we can do about that.

I fully support striking workers but working in shipping while they're striking sucks :lol:
An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Hermes/EVRI are the recommended eBay shipper. They've now had the item I sent with a status 'delay due to major event' (I assume snow) for three days now. Craptards.
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

It looks like this is where mine ended up; https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/new ... ds-278801/
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:03 pm Royal Mail are currently processing parcels they picked up from us a fortnight ago. We've had to re-arrange our holiday shipping plans to work around it but obviously the vast majority of our volume from BF/CM is now sitting in cages at the RM depot, so there's not much we can do about that.

I fully support striking workers but working in shipping while they're striking sucks :lol:
Oh Jesus 😭

A lot of people are going to be getting Xmas presents on 8th Jan 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, we're trying to push people to UPS as they're saying anything shipped by next Tuesday will be delivered before christmas but obviously if every company is doing that then the other carriers are going to have trouble managing their volume as well.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:03 pm Royal Mail are currently processing parcels they picked up from us a fortnight ago. We've had to re-arrange our holiday shipping plans to work around it but obviously the vast majority of our volume from BF/CM is now sitting in cages at the RM depot, so there's not much we can do about that.

I've genuinely lost track of what I've ordered, when and more importantly, when I can expect to receive them. We just got the Christmas Cards we ordered nearly 3 weeks ago on a 48 hour service. But yesterday I received a new record I only ordered last week.

And we're in to two more days of strikes...
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Even my Amazon deliveries have been slow, still not had a Prime order from Sunday. They were heavily advertising for new Flex delivery drivers last month, so I wonder if they've had a shortage of mugs who are prepared to use their own car and pay for fuel just to earn £12 an hour.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Was supposed to get a delivery from DHL today but it's been delayed. It's food from that sausage man site that Merv shared, so hopefully it's cold enough in the depot to keep it at fridge temp :lol:
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:04 pm Was supposed to get a delivery from DHL today but it's been delayed. It's food from that sausage man site that Merv shared, so hopefully it's cold enough in the depot to keep it at fridge temp :lol:
Ahh, glad someone made use of that. We've still not ordered :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I didn't bother posting in the thread as it was just vegan hot dogs and bratwursts, I didn't want to incur the wrath of the meat eaters :lol:
An absolute unit
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Zed, would you mind sharing the link please? The vegan ones sound interesting.

Edit: don't worry - I see the thread now.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:40 pm I didn't bother posting in the thread as it was just vegan hot dogs and bratwursts, I didn't want to incur the wrath of the meat eaters :lol:
Fuck that! Let us know what they're like. In the proper thread ;)
Barry

Post by Barry »

It's not just couriers that are useless at the minute, I used click/collect to avoid having a courier delivery to worry about, 24hrs later and they still haven't contacted me to say it's been picked. I thought this process would be quicker..
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Haven't had an issue with Evri at all over the last few months, and we have a fair bit of stuff delivered by them.

But tbf, our local Evri guy is a lovely chap and very efficient.

I'm a little nervous as my GF's engagement ring is due to be delivered by DHL today :| I just hope there's no delays. It was either than or travel to London to get it, which may not that much easier!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Barry wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:29 am It's not just couriers that are useless at the minute, I used click/collect to avoid having a courier delivery to worry about, 24hrs later and they still haven't contacted me to say it's been picked. I thought this process would be quicker..
It's tough for ecommerce at the moment. Last year our UK warehouse had 70 picking staff for Q4, this year we only got approval for 16. The board approved a change in our standard order fulfillment target from 2 days to 5 rather than hire more staff.
An absolute unit