Hermes/Evri

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: Hermes/Evri

Post by Gavster »

Picking and packing in a warehouse is the most insanely mind-numbing job that was ever created. I did it for a few weeks when I was at uni, thought it would be easy mindless work for a few ££, because it was the only job I found where I could start immediately. I've never done something that's so desperately soul-crushing. It's quite hard to explain, but something about the process very quickly destroys your will to live.

We would get an hour for lunch and everyone would eat their lunch as quickly as possible, then fall asleep for the remaining 45+ minutes, because it was the closest we could get to dying.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Fucking hell :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, we try and keep higher standards than the likes of Amazon for worker welfare but it's still a tough job. Especially at this time of year as the warehouse is usually colder than outside, thanks to the giant concrete slab it's built on acting like a storage heater in reverse.
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

I am very careful not to get stroppy with the front end staff yeah, this mess isn't their doing.

I went into the shop, customer services informed me the order number the system gave me wasn't even a legitimate number so they had no way of checking on it's status. Amazing. Spoke to the visibly fried manager and eventually bought one off the shelf. They think the picking slot was missed so the order was void, and I won't then get billed for it. I better not.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You know it’s getting close to Christmas when the postie stops leaving packages in the usual safe spot and starts ringing the bell :lol:
No one’s been home for his past two attempts so far though.
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

One of the absolute worst side-effects of the postal strikes is that Evri have picked up a load more business. Almost all of the 'small/medium parcel' sized deliveries I'm receiving are through Evri, even from quite big companies who used Royal Mail prior to the strikes.

Hopefully Evri lose plenty of packages and those companies go back to RM after the strikes have ended.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ive had 30k plus rm shrink wrapped drops land in a timely fashion in ny. Theres a lot of knocking but it still works.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Gavster wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:46 am One of the absolute worst side-effects of the postal strikes is that Evri have picked up a load more business. Almost all of the 'small/medium parcel' sized deliveries I'm receiving are through Evri, even from quite big companies who used Royal Mail prior to the strikes.

Hopefully Evri lose plenty of packages and those companies go back to RM after the strikes have ended.
I was speaking to one of the neighbours over the weekend. He has his own very successful business making a product for dogs. He switched to Evri when the strikes started and had found them to be incredibly reliable, well priced and has since stuck with them and has no intention of going back to Royal Mail.

I have to admit, I've had a few deliveries from Evri in the last couple of weeks which have all arrived on-time, so maybe they are making a real effort to improve things although like any courier, I still think our impressions of them are down to the final leg and what your local driver is like.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

That's interesting, especially considering their past reputation. I always assumed the rebrand to Evri was a move to shake the bad reputation, although it seemed to be a little pre-emptive as their service was still poor after the rebrand. Maybe they've turned a corner, would be fascinating to see their internal KPIs over the last 12-24 months!

RM are saying the strikes have cost them millions. Assuming your neighbour isn't alone, it could cost RM a vast amout more in future lost revenue too...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64410443
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I've been ordering a lot of stuff online over the last couple of weeks. Mainly because I was ill in bed, so had too much time to buy stuff :lol:

Anyway, the last THREE deliveries from Evri have been on time, within the 1 hour time slot they stated that morning. Kinda shocked to be honest! Credit where it's due.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I find Evri decent now. FedEx are now the clowns of the delivery world for me although my last ripped up and delayed package had multiple “rescan for security” stickers so I’m guessing the hold up was in Liege airport as they thought it was a bomb.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:04 am I find Evri decent now. FedEx are now the clowns of the delivery world for me although my last ripped up and delayed package had multiple “rescan for security” stickers so I’m guessing the hold up was in Liege airport as they thought it was a bomb.
What did you order???!!! :shock:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:31 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:04 am I find Evri decent now. FedEx are now the clowns of the delivery world for me although my last ripped up and delayed package had multiple “rescan for security” stickers so I’m guessing the hold up was in Liege airport as they thought it was a bomb.
Warranty claim… New winch motor
I was hoping they would send me the whole unit but looks like I’m doing a bit of lefty loosey righty tighty tonight.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Talk about pride before a fall...

Ordered some new trainers. Got an email saying "your package from House of Fraser has been delivered" while I was out. They had left the box behind my bins, which is about 1 metre from the pavement, a very risky move as several Amazon packages have been stolen from the front of my house. Why any delivery driver thinks it's ok to leave packages in the open air by the pavement is beyond me...

Opened the package and it was a laundry bin that I ordered off eBay, not the trainers. God knows where the trainers are, probably in my delivery driver's ebay store.

Told Evri, they said it's House of Fraser's problem. Told house of Fraser, they don't really care, and will look at it within the next five working days.

This is the reason I order stuff with a credit card, if they don't sort this quickly I'll be onto First Direct and getting that whole transaction revoked.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Iit looks like the driver had two packages - one of them was premium tracked, the other was not. He placed the non-tracked item by the bins, took a photo of it, and then logged that he'd delivered both items. He's then kept the second package for himself.

Honestly I never had this kind of shit with royal mail.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I had one with Royal Mail today.

Motherboard is the last part I'm waiting for, for a PC build for a mate.

Marked as delivered today. Photo shows a house with a red door, and a white drainpipe. I have a black door, and no drainpipe there.

So did a bit of sleuthing. There's a <Stevens> Street in Pudsey where I am, and also one in Farsely, about a mile down the road. To google maps, and find that <Stevens> Street in Farsley looks like what the courier sent as proof of delivery. So in the car we hop.

A nice chinwag later with a private schoolteacher on her lunch, and I have the motherboard back.

Honestly, we have postcodes for this sort of thing....
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:15 pm
jamcg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:31 am
Warranty claim… New winch motor
I was hoping they would send me the whole unit but looks like I’m doing a bit of lefty loosey righty tighty tonight.
To be fair Mito, that would look dodgy as fuck under an X-Ray :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Gavster wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:18 pm Iit looks like the driver had two packages - one of them was premium tracked, the other was not. He placed the non-tracked item by the bins, took a photo of it, and then logged that he'd delivered both items. He's then kept the second package for himself.

Honestly I never had this kind of shit with royal mail.
Funny that. Who knew that paying staff decently and making them part of the team would engender a sense of pride and responsibility.

Our posties are excellent, though to be fair so is our local Evri delivery lady.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sigh. Order wing mirror from AutoDoc last Friday or whenever - didn't get in the UK till Weds. Evri get it yesterday, out for delivery today.

Delivery slot booked for 0830-1030.

Then at 1015, it's 0830-1130

then at 1020, "the courier had a problem getting to the delivery address"

My house is on the corner of a wee sideroad that is never blocked and is literally - literally - the first thing you see if you follow the postcode. From the main road.

The picture to demonstrate the problem? Just a picture of the box that the lazy cunt can't be arsed delivering, no actual demonstration of what the problem is, like say, something blocking the road or being attacked by a rabid badger.

Fucking useless bastards.