Amber Heards Career

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: Amber Heards Career

Post by Gavster »

I'm gonna dive in here because I've watched a TON of this case live from court and am absolutely amazed by two things. Firstly, the bare-faced lies that have been presented by Heard as facts. From her denial of informing TMZ about being at the court for the restraining order, which was rebutted by a TMZ witness, through to suggesting that Depp threw Kate Moss down the stairs, which was denied by Moss as a witness. And that's just the tip of it, the recordings of her admissions of violence such as "I did not punch you I was hitting you" along with the magic bruises which appear and disappear just blew my mind. The evidence presented in this case painted the picture of a very toxic relationship where Heard was, on balance, creating and perpetuating wayyy more of the physical and emotional violence than Depp.

As for Zed - your initial comments sounded like you'd read the BBC news report of the case, rather than watched the trial, as the BBC was enormously biased in favour of Heard for some reason, and they also managed to get several facts wrong. They even reported the damages incorrectly on Friday night when the verdict was announced and that only required listening to the judge for 5 minutes. It's like they were too caught up in trying to re-position the story as Heard being the victim. It was nonsense.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

A good friend who managed to get away from an abusive junkie ex posted about the verdict and was spitting feathers at what Heard had done in lying about being abused. She seems to have done a massive disservice to all abused Women.

I do agree with @ZedLeg that the amount of hate being directed at Heard pre trial and during the trial was pretty astonishing. I do not follow this sort of thing at all but Snopes etc was constantly debunking "No, Heard di not sort cocaine during the trial from a hankie" or "Heard did not store pills behind her ears and pop them during the trial"

How fucked up that this was headline news around the world.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I watched the first week or so of this latest trial and it was evident what the outcome would be. The graphic injury to Depp's finger, his description of how his parents relationship was and his upbringing along with the avoiding confrontation which as said Heard admitted to chasing him around 8 or so bathrooms he was hiding in to avoid her ranting.

She quite clearly is a very nasty person who thankfully got exposed in the end. You have to wonder how many other men who don't have access to a shit ton of money never get to this stage but are labelled a wife beater / rapist or whatever on the accusations of wronguns.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:09 am I watched the first week or so of this latest trial and it was evident what the outcome would be. The graphic injury to Depp's finger, his description of how his parents relationship was and his upbringing along with the avoiding confrontation which as said Heard admitted to chasing him around 8 or so bathrooms he was hiding in to avoid her ranting.

She quite clearly is a very nasty person who thankfully got exposed in the end. You have to wonder how many other men who don't have access to a shit ton of money never get to this stage but are labelled a wife beater / rapist or whatever on the accusations of wronguns.
Precisely the sort of reaction abused women are fearing after this trial.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:09 am I watched the first week or so of this latest trial and it was evident what the outcome would be. The graphic injury to Depp's finger, his description of how his parents relationship was and his upbringing along with the avoiding confrontation which as said Heard admitted to chasing him around 8 or so bathrooms he was hiding in to avoid her ranting.

Thats right, but Depp can't be the sacrificial lamb for them. Heard was the one who abused the #metoo movement for career gains, not Depp.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:43 am
Gavin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 am

Thats right, but Depp can't be the sacrificial lamb for them. Heard was the one who abused the #metoo movement for career gains, not Depp.
Gavin has to be on a wind up. What about your fellow man? So many wet wipes in this thread I'll leave it to others to rip them a new one.