Amber Heards Career

ZedLeg

Re: Amber Heards Career

Post by ZedLeg »

That's why I got confused tbh. If there was a "woke agenda" as it's apparently being used here, it would definitely include that anyone can be a victim of domestic violence, I explicitly said that in this case it seemed to be a mutually abusive relationship.

I don't have any prejudice about domestic violence afaik, but you can never see your own flaws can you?
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

To be honest, when I started watching the case I assumed that Heard was the victim too - I saw an episode of an American car programme a few years back that had both of them in and he was a fucking wreck - off his tits on something and slurring his words.

But I watched it and realised that I'd got it backwards. I couldn't give a shit about how she conducted herself in court or how crap her legal team were, the fact was there was no evidence of any of her allegations, more importantly, there was lots of evidence against her was pretty compelling. All she had to do was prove one instance of physical abuse and she'd have won. But all she proved is that she was pretty horrible, physically violent and a liar.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:40 pm Not really, I stopped discussing the trial. I was more curious about Dinny's outburst. Just a bit slow on the uptake today :lol:
Thats fine if you're slow on the uptake, but Dinny was right - you made statements about a case you knew very little about based on prejudices you clearly have against who can be the victim of domestic violence.

Sadly this was the exact reason that The News Group won the case in the UK - no one believed that a women could be anything other than a victim.
I don't have an agenda here and thinks about ego's more than anything else but its worth noting that the UK case was decided by a judge based on relevant facts presented to him, the US pantomime was in front of a jury and contained a lot of pantomime and character assassination.

To wrongs don't make a right :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:07 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:40 pm Not really, I stopped discussing the trial. I was more curious about Dinny's outburst. Just a bit slow on the uptake today :lol:
Thats fine if you're slow on the uptake, but Dinny was right - you made statements about a case you knew very little about based on prejudices you clearly have against who can be the victim of domestic violence.

Sadly this was the exact reason that The News Group won the case in the UK - no one believed that a women could be anything other than a victim.
I don't have an agenda here and thinks about ego's more than anything else but its worth noting that the UK case was decided by a judge based on relevant facts presented to him, the US pantomime was in front of a jury and contained a lot of pantomime and character assassination.

To wrongs don't make a right :lol:
the U.K. case was based on Amber Heard and her sister being credible witnesses.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If you go back to my original comment, I never said that one was definitely a victim over the other. My complaint through the whole thing was the sustained campaign against her that has been going since before any court proceedings and the generally ugly way that people have been acting around the trial.

It doesn't really matter anyway, celebrity news is gross and women generally get a harder time of it than men. Moaning about it here isn't going to change that.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:11 pm If you go back to my original comment, I never said that one was definitely a victim over the other. My complaint through the whole thing was the sustained campaign against her that has been going since before any court proceedings and the generally ugly way that people have been acting around the trial.

It doesn't really matter anyway, celebrity news is gross and women generally get a harder time of it than men. Moaning about it here isn't going to change that.
you said that neither was innocent and Depp was an abuser. You just couldn't bring yourself to believe that Depp was the victim here, because he is a man.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You're determined to make it about that aren't you, prove it.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:21 pm You're determined to make it about that aren't you, prove it.
well you're the one who made it about sexes by accusing everyone who is actually happy about Heard losing as being misogynistic.

Everyone else was happy about a clear abuser getting their comeuppance and a clear victim getting their life back.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Again I didn't, I said that some had used this as an excuse for old fashioned misogyny. Which some have. If you read that as me speaking about people here then that's your bias not mines.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:35 pm Again I didn't, I said that some had used this as an excuse for old fashioned misogyny. Which some have. If you read that as me speaking about people here then that's your bias not mines.
a pretty easy conclusion to reach when you have called this a "slag off Amber Heard thread" a few posts earlier...
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That was after people in the thread had called her a loon and came out with the classic "bitches be crazy". I was just going with the tone.

Anyway, Monica Lewinsky who understandably has some feelings about watching people be deconstructed by public opinion wrote this. Which lays out how I feel about all this apparently better than I can.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/0 ... eard-trial
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I called her a crazy bitch as she was a crazy bitch.

I also think he is a weird drunk.

Dave!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Afternoon from my platty joobs camp site, after a few cans of lost lager. Can the Ally McJobson's interested in this case let me know if Depp explained away the video of him throwing glasses about and smashing them in their kitchen? Cheers. I know almost nothing else about the case tbh apart from most seem to think it's Amber that's violent and barmy.

Edit this:

https://www.tmz.com/2016/08/12/johnny-d ... nce-video/
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Yep, grown drunk man having a hissy fit basically.

Dave!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:44 pm Afternoon from my platty joobs camp site, after a few cans of lost lager. Can the Ally McJobson's interested in this case let me know if Depp explained away the video of him throwing glasses about and smashing them in their kitchen? Cheers. I know almost nothing else about the case tbh apart from most seem to think it's Amber that's violent and barmy.

Edit this:

https://www.tmz.com/2016/08/12/johnny-d ... nce-video/
I'm sure the glasses will have a solid case if they want to take Depp to court.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:48 pm That was after people in the thread had called her a loon and came out with the classic "bitches be crazy". I was just going with the tone.

Anyway, Monica Lewinsky who understandably has some feelings about watching people be deconstructed by public opinion wrote this. Which lays out how I feel about all this apparently better than I can.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/0 ... eard-trial
I’ve read that article but I haven’t followed the trial. I seem to be in the minority in caring not a jot about the minutiae of celebrities’ lives.

However, I do care about the court system being robust because it’s our forum for remedies. And I’m confident the US courts are solid. You can’t criticise the verdict or how it was reached without knowing it in detail.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:44 pm Ally McJobson
Cvnt, I can't unimagine that now :evil:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:26 pm
It’s not new and I quite like it. Might buy allymcjobson.com and point it to my firm 😄
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Again, has to be done… :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:31 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:26 pm
It’s not new and I quite like it. Might buy allymcjobson.com and point it to my firm 😄
It was doubtless first used before my time and lain dormant since. Buy it if you like, no pictures though, yeah?