It’s time for another forum cycle/vehicle disagreement

nuttinnew

Re: It’s time for another forum cycle/vehicle disagreement

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany

Post by Beany »

Mr Clifton said the road does not have any markings, adding: “The ‘other side of the road’ doesn’t begin wherever my accuser wants it to begin. This is a ludicrous allegation. The police have ignored the filtering motorcyclist and the driver using a mobile phone, and have chosen to prosecute me. This seems to be malicious.”
Oh mate, no they didn't. It's literally why you've been nicked.
Natasha Springford, a Met police staff member in the traffic division, claims the cyclist is “in the middle of the road” and is then “very close to the Range Rover on the opposite side of the road whilst a motorcyclist is oncoming with a passenger”.

She continues: “You can see the cyclist cycling towards the oncoming motorbike that is filtering between traffic,” and then suggests the motorbike has to “ride in between the cyclist that is very close and the Range Rover”.
I hope he goes to court, he sounds like the sort of complete fuckstick who'd defend himself, and then get not just the book, but the entire library thrown at him.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

From that clip, there is nothing to show the RR hasn’t pulled over to use the phone legally. Ironic that the tit has literally grassed himself up.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's hilarious. You can just hear him in your head saying 'it's ridiculous' in that nasally asinine voice that all cam-equiped cyclists seem to have. Same attitude about being above the law too. I hope he challenges and loses big in court - that'll teach the little prick to think the rules don't apply to him.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

John

Post by John »

:lol:

I've ridden along there many times, it's alongside Ladybower.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Job jobbed!
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Seems reasonable, if they're not using the cycle lane...!
mik

Post by mik »

Reminds me of this one. I read elsewhere that the 2 cyclists were cops and the driver has been charged (for using phone, abusive language, plus driving in a cycle lane) - no idea if this is true.

NSFW due to language only

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

Cyclist has reported this close pass to the cops.

Not sure what happens to the other close pass occurring ahead of him as the cyclist (perfectly legitimately) goes up the inside of the truck.

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Was down the Borders running today and drove back over some nice single track roads which are popular with cyclists - I've ridden them a few times myself. Fvck me, do some cyclists really not want to concede an inch of road to let you overtake. They're blowing out their arse going up a hill 2/3 abreast and I'm nearly off the road crawling past them because they won't budge. Time and time again...
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:02 pm Cyclist has reported this close pass to the cops.

Not sure what happens to the other close pass occurring ahead of him as the cyclist (perfectly legitimately) goes up the inside of the truck.

Nothing wrong with either the can or the truck. No mention of the other cyclist overtake by sad tool either.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I know you don't want to carry weight but a PP3 and a snail car horn behind them would be a good gag. You'd probably then want a cam to catch their response, so that'd be more weight :( Whether on foot, bike, or car, there'll always be someone faster, help them get past safely and everyone has a happy day.

Oops, missed scotta's post :oops:

Is that road a 20mph limit, does anyone know?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Another from the nice chap on a bike. We should start a book on how long before he actually gets hit by a car when he actively puts himself in dangerous situations due to complete lack of hazard awareness.

https://x.com/chaponabike123/status/176 ... W4X4vHqmfw
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

No sympathy for the cyclist there. If he had been driving a car and two lanes merged into one, do you think he'd have sat directly alongside another car? Idiot. Then stopping in the middle of the road to bring the car to a halt and remonstrate with the driver - does he think he's a mild version of Kenneth Noye?
mik

Post by mik »

I've seen a few of his vids - he appears to have the same mindset as Jeremy Vile - identifying a hazard situation and then placing himself directly into it - cameras rolling.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

What a chopper
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

He sounds exactly like a lad I sued to work with, it's not him but it's the sort of thing he would do. He was an absolute weapon on his good days.