Re: Any whirlygig experts on here?

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:21 am Meanwhile in Dunc’s house
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
tim

Post by tim »

A washing line?! Is it 1803 or something? tumbledry everything and to hell with it.
mik

Post by mik »

tim wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 am A washing line?! Is it 1803 or something? tumbledry everything and to hell with it.
That’s what I do. Heat pump tumbler - very efficient - particularly after a 1400rpm spin-dry in the washer.

However : sheets, quilt covers, vampire cloaks etc aren’t liked by the tumble dryer. And Mrs mik has a romantic notion that “on a nice summers day we can a full washing out”. It will barely get used…. :(
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:25 am
tim wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 am A washing line?! Is it 1803 or something? tumbledry everything and to hell with it.
That’s what I do. Heat pump tumbler - very efficient - particularly after a 1400rpm spin-dry in the washer.

However : sheets, quilt covers, vampire cloaks etc aren’t liked by the tumble dryer. And Mrs mik has a romantic notion that “on a nice summers day we can a full washing out”. It will barely get used…. :(
Tumble drier can GTF. There's nothing like line drying clothes on a nice day. Much easier to iron too which is nice!

I have approx 40ft of washing line. I'm 6'1" and it's high enough for me to walk under. Mik must have his too low (Nicola height is a standard unit of Scottish measurement). Go higher 😉👍
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Tumble dry stuff? In this economic climate? Who do you think you are, P Diddy?
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 pm
Quite :lol:

I'm a tight Northern git, so bollocks to not using the free outside dryer. Besides, the super expensive heat pump tumble dryer is on its arse (shitty Samsung crap) and I want to eek that twat out for as long as possible before begrudgingly having to get a new one.
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:55 pm

I'm a tight Northern git, so bollocks to not using the free outside dryer. Besides, the super expensive heat pump tumble dryer is on its arse (shitty Samsung crap) and I want to eek that twat out for as long as possible before begrudgingly having to get a new one.
I recently had to pull ours (Zanussi) apart. The filter isn’t perfect and over the years the “oose” that slips through had bunged up the pump (and the float mech telling the pump when you cycle) that takes the water that is condensed out and puts it into the handy tray. So it was working, but all the water was just laying on the bottom of the condenser. Which is sub-optimal.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We've managed fine without a tumble dryer so far. Use a dehumidifier in winter and that draws less power to dry a load of washing than any tumble dryer we could find (that wasn't silly money) and was cheap too (Meaco FTW).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:59 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:55 pm

I recently had to pull ours (Zanussi) apart. The filter isn’t perfect and over the years the “oose” that slips through had bunged up the pump (and the float mech telling the pump when you cycle) that takes the water that is condensed out and puts it into the handy tray. So it was working, but all the water was just laying on the bottom of the condenser. Which is sub-optimal.
Ours is arguably beyond economical repair. Fixed 3 times under warranty (2yrs) and then broke again. Fan at the back had actually come off its spindle as the nut had come undone. All because the whole subframe appears to not be level so the motor is spinning at a slight angle, meaning the fan ground away at the main rear casing as well as its own outer casing. I have no idea what's happened but Samsung weren't interested, and their official repairers made it clear that Samsung parts only have a 3mo warranty anyway.

So I bolted it all back together and it still runs, despite being on the wonk. One day it may burst into flames as it wears itself out.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Because I’m a pauper with a teeny tiny kitchen I have a washer dryer. Works really well, why the feck are washers and dryers separate units anyway?
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I don't own a tumble drier and I don't even have a tv in my hallway. Things aren't going well.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:41 pm I don't own a tumble drier and I don't even have a tv in my hallway. Things aren't going well.
Neither did we until school uniform and PE kits came along.

Current one is noisy af and costs a fortune to run !
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:30 pm why the feck are washers and dryers separate units anyway?
One is designed to wash.

One is designed to dry.

You can wash one load whilst you dry another.

Also - have you tried using a washer/dryer? They are pitiful at the latter task.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I had a shite one when I first moved into the flat which wouldn’t wash or dry properly. Changed it for a decent Bosch and it’s great. Chuck everything in at night, wake up in the morning and everything is perfectly washed and dry.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:41 pm I don't own a tumble drier and I don't even have a tv in my hallway. Things aren't going well.
DYELWMaHT?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away