Celebrity locals.

Zonda_

Celebrity locals.

Post by Zonda_ »

Tom Hardy has moved in a few roads away. This has caused many people to be all of a twitter. I wouldn't know him if I saw him, which I may well have done!
Jimmy Choo

Re: Celebrity locals.

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I live round the corner from Fred West's other house in Gloucester.
We've also got a bunch of Royals and Liz Hurley kicking about.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Pah, beginners! Christopher Biggins bother lives in the next street from us.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jason Statham just moved near(ish) us in Dulwich and my son met his son in the park (sadly with my wife rather than me) :lol:

On a slightly more highbrow note Mark Rylance, Jay Rayner and I frequent the same butcher :lol: :lol:

Huw Edwards also local apparently but I've never seen him in the wild. Oh and I saw Jo Brand in the bookshop in Dulwich Village so suspect she's quite local too. Oh oh and Richard Ayowade and James Nesbitt. Sorry, living in London (even south of the river) does give you a bit of an unfair advantage in this game :oops:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Wolf is the darts player lives in my town 😎

Dave!
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

My dad sent me a text last week saying that Gordon Burns, host of the Krypton Factor and cousin of Ed Sheeran, lived in the house next door to our old family home.

ETA a few others

When we lived there there was a house a few streets away that my dad said Eamon Holmes lived in, but not sure what his source was haha.

CS Lewis grew up in a house just around the corner too.

ETA one more

When I first moved to London/ Mile End area as a student my next door neighbor was Laura Kuenssberg.
Last edited by Pete_ on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Tom Hardy’s wife is from Grindon, so did wonder if he’d move somewhere in the area eventually. Used to see him in the Tesco where my wife works quite frequently until some manager told the local papers he was in and then he needed sneaking out the back doors. Fucking paparazzi scummers.

Janick Gers Lives next town over

Sara Davies from dragons den lives in the posh estate near us

No big a-listers I can think of though
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Coincidentally I realised Richard Ashcroft lives not a million miles away. Always thought he lived near Stroud. The river Severn means Ashcroft isn’t particularly easy to get to though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Richard Hammond is the only one I recognise.
Also used to see Jose Mourinho during his morning runs when I took the dog out. He would take the entire Chelsea squad to the local hotel restaurant quite frequently but I’m not that crazy about football.
Whenever my mum comes round she picks out a lot of celebrities I don’t know about - daytime tv crap usually and a BBC news presenter. Also one of the X factor lads - Matt something.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:35 pm Coincidentally I realised Richard Ashcroft lives not a million miles away. Always thought he lived near Stroud. The river Severn means Ashcroft isn’t particularly easy to get to though.
Sounds like you're a safe distance - good job with someone who walks down the street like he does ;)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:45 pm He would take the entire Chelsea squad to the local hotel restaurant quite frequently but I’m not that crazy about football.
Funny you should say that - my family used to stay at the Conrad (as it then was) when they visited London and that overlapped with the early part of Jose's first stint at Chelsea and we bumped into the team a couple of times - like you it went over my head as I don't care about football.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Realised how few famous people seem to live in Cheltenham. Lily Allen just the other side of it, Damien Hirst has a big house he’s been doing up for a decade nearer to Tewkesbury; Simon Pegg came from Gloucester but doesn’t live there now.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

The Queen lives at the end of my road..

ETA: although I suppose, technically, it’s her road!
Cheers,

Ian
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

jamcg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:25 pm Tom Hardy’s wife is from Grindon, so did wonder if he’d move somewhere in the area eventually. Used to see him in the Tesco where my wife works quite frequently until some manager told the local papers he was in and then he needed sneaking out the back doors. Fucking paparazzi scummers.

Where does Janick live, I know he used to live in Yarm? I keep expecting to see him in town as the place he buys his guitars from has moved from Middlesbrough to Saltburn.

I guess it's more of a thing as where I live is so small.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Used to see Limmy in the park near my old flat, saw Rob Florence on my train a few times although he lives in Helensburgh.

Don’t recall seeing anyone famous since I moved but I barely leave the house these days :lol:
An absolute unit
Simon

Post by Simon »

Judi Dench is probably the closest. She's about 6-7 minutes away in the next village. Never seen her around though.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I can think of no celebs that I've seen round here. But I am rubbish at recognising people.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm
jamcg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:25 pm Tom Hardy’s wife is from Grindon, so did wonder if he’d move somewhere in the area eventually. Used to see him in the Tesco where my wife works quite frequently until some manager told the local papers he was in and then he needed sneaking out the back doors. Fucking paparazzi scummers.

Where does Janick live, I know he used to live in Yarm? I keep expecting to see him in town as the place he buys his guitars from has moved from Middlesbrough to Saltburn.

I guess it's more of a thing as where I live is so small.
Janick still lives in yarm as far as I’m aware
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

IanF wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 pm The Queen lives at the end of my road..

ETA: although I suppose, technically, it’s her road!
ha! I lived on kings road for 5 years too ( Opposite Anna Friel and Rhys Ifans).
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Ahh, I forgot about Sting. He lives up the road too (as did Madonna for a bit)
Cheers.

Gwaredd