The PH Ferrari FF Thread

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: The PH Ferrari FF Thread

Post by Ascender »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:25 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:49 am I was following this thread well before it kicked off. FWIW I think Jayemm’s video is bang out of order; what right does he think he has to ask McLaren New Forest to disclose the results of his inspection at a trade auction? I hear the car didn’t sell and is now not listed anywhere so the consequence is they he’s fucked them over when they’re just trying to shift a part-ex.
He came across too self-important to me.

Not a fan of his work (too much waffle) but his channel does feature a few interesting cars. Surprised the owners would allow him to ‘test’ their cars.
Agreed. I find him very marmite but seems to be settling in to a more natural and less grandstanding-Clarkson superlative-presenter with time. Does have some very interesting cars on his channel.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So just to get the facts in order as I can't commit hours reading the whole thread and watching the video.

Chap on PH buys FF from supercar dealer which turns out to be a lemon.

Chap part ex's FF with a McLaren.

Mclaren dealer auction FF.

Where does JayEmm come into this?
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought he came across as a dick. Brake pads were 50% worn at the front and 60% worn at the rear ( or similar, it was a while ago I watched it ) and was in total shock that a car could be sold like that!!

That alone made me think he was full of waffle and didn’t really know half the stuff he was on about. 50% worn could mean another 20k miles, maybe more before they need replacing. They’ll still brake the car just as well with 2mm on them as 12mm.

To me 50% worn means they’re only roughly half way though their useful life. Obviously you don’t want to completely wear through and knacker the disks. Maybe I’m weird. I also don’t change my tyres when they’re half worn either.
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:45 pm So just to get the facts in order as I can't commit hours reading the whole thread and watching the video.

Didn’t mclaren buy it off a bca auction? Jayem was interested in buying it from mclaren so got an inspection done which found some issues so he started backtracking through the history? I don’t think he blames any of the pre inspection stuff on mclaren.

Again, from watching it a while ago and skimming the PH thread.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:24 am Worse if anything because half the customers seem to be in on it.
AhgHtnP.jpg
AhgHtnP.jpg (46.63 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:58 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:45 pm So just to get the facts in order as I can't commit hours reading the whole thread and watching the video.

Didn’t mclaren buy it off a bca auction? Jayem was interested in buying it from mclaren so got an inspection done which found some issues so he started backtracking through the history? I don’t think he blames any of the pre inspection stuff on mclaren.

Again, from watching it a while ago and skimming the PH thread.
George on PH bought the FF from a dealer who they don’t want to name on PH so I won’t here. He ran it for a year or so, I’m not sure ‘lemon’ is a fair description but it was allegedly misdescribed; it cost George a fair bit of money to sort things out at a Ferrari main dealer.
George then traded it in after using it for tip runs etc at McLaren New Forest against a 570S.
McLaren New Forest offered it for retail. Jayemm coincidentally went to buy it, had it inspected at a Ferrari main dealer near the New Forest (not the dealer George used) and got a report back which said it’d be £20k to bring up to scratch. Some things like half worn brake pads are nonsense but there were some significant things like two cracked alloys and broken/missing air ducts which appear not to have been noticed in George’s ownership. Anyway, McLaren chose not to sell it to Jayemm because it would have cost too much in prep and he made a boring self-entitled video about it. They sent it to a BCA trade-only auction.
Apparently it managed to travel about 700 miles between George part-exing and the auction. BCA’s condition report wasn’t dishonest. It was bid up to just over £60k but presumably that didn’t meet reserve because it didn’t sell. It’s now disappeared.
PH has closed George’s thread, having coincidentally run an interview with the original supplying dealer last week. They had to delete pages and pages of negative comments on the article. Now they’ve deleted the article I think. They state that they can’t allow comments due to ongoing legal proceedings - presumably either George or his finance company against the original dealer.

Two people come out of this badly in my view: the original dealer and Jayemm.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So was the FF thread revival more recently on PH just George naming and shaming (discreetly) the dealer?
You’d think he’d be done with that saga having moved on the car to McLaren?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the tl:dr Jobbo - that's a lot of thread to wade through.

If George had traded it in and as I understand it the finance company were pursuing the original supplying dealer, then why all the text msgs back and forward with what I think is the supplying dealer's son?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Oh, the son has been generally rude and the dealer have sent a solicitors’ letter so they’ve brought the bad PR upon themselves.

The revival of the thread was I think frustration by people who’ve had a bad experience not being able to post anything on the article comments; PH removed anything negative at the dealer’s request 😂

And the potted version was useful, I thought, since there’s so much which has gone missing on the original on PH. I’ve self-moderated so Matty doesn’t have any issues. George seems keen to let the world know about his experience though, so I’m sure there will be more to come with this.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Yeah, the timeline is missing and the higher ground is lost somewhat when George calls one of the Hartleys a "gypsy". Also looks like at some point they said the car would come with an official Ferrari warranty but they went back on that.

I think at some point someone bought it despite a limited check due to them not being able to take the rear undertray off as the bolts were rusted or something similar.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The stuck undertray with rusted bolts was noted on Jayemm’s inspection but can’t have been like that when George owned it; he mentioned that it would have had to come off for something, possibly a transmission oil change, he’d had done.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:25 pm The stuck undertray with rusted bolts was noted on Jayemm’s inspection but can’t have been like that when George owned it; he mentioned that it would have had to come off for something, possibly a transmission oil change, he’d had done.
The whole thing seems sketchy as fvck.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

You get the impression from the dealer in question that shady business practices / selling heaps is seen as part of the rough and tumble of dealing with "characters" and part of life's rich tapestry. It's a different moral compass.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

These dramas being played out in public on internet forums are always sketchy AF, because the whole story simply doesn't add up and we'll never know the entire truth.
mik

Post by mik »

It is fascinating.

I think JayEmm has tried to do "the noble thing", within an industry that is very much built around "buyer beware". Be that end customer, or within the trade. Making a stance on a single vehicle seems a bit futile.

He's then made demands of the dealer that he has no right to make. If you go to look at a house and you reckon the driveway needs to be re-done (and it isn't mentioned in the home report) do you refuse to leave until the seller has amended his advert?

And being a 'tuber - and therefore in it for the revenue - he is rather open to criticism that he's just done it for clicks n views.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I thought he was doing it to make sure the auction bids were low so he could pick it up cheaply. Which would have been dirtier still, but since it was a trade auction he wasn't able to do so.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Has tim heartleys been banned from insta? Miss the daily hate
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Looks like he’s popped-up on Twitter @timhartleycars
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Shame about that Insta account, it was amusing :lol:

Thing is that most punters don't read the internet nearly enough to cause dodgy dealers any issues. I mean, look at Motorhub - if you can still continue to trade in high-end kit despite numerous legal cases and critically low customer reviews, I don't think anyone else needs to worry.
Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:09 pm he made a boring self-entitled video about it.
I don't mind JayEmm as such, but fuck me, you're not wrong. That video is painful.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve only seen a handful of Jay’s videos but all the previous ones were also about a Mclaren dealer doing bad things to his mate. He seems to have a personal vendetta against them 😂