The PH Ferrari FF Thread

Swervin_Mervin

The PH Ferrari FF Thread

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Thought some might be interested in this which escalates from a Readers Rides thread into a Jayemm vid, a slanging match between original owner and a certain supercar dealer, potential legal action and then PH themselves running a fluff piece on the dealer which went down really well. :lol: The thread may not be around much longer due to the inability of people to stick to the "no name and shame" rules on PH.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1896258
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinny_g

Re: The PH Ferrari FF Thread

Post by dinny_g »

Things start to go wrong on Page 5...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:09 pm Thought some might be interested in this which escalates from a Readers Rides thread into a Jayemm vid, a slanging match between original owner and a certain supercar dealer, potential legal action and then PH themselves running a fluff piece on the dealer which went down really well. :lol: The thread may not be around much longer due to the inability of people to stick to the "no name and shame" rules on PH.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1896258
I wondered when someone would pick up on this! I posted the Jayemm vid on the Youtube thread as I thought it was interesting that somehow, a Ferrari FF ended up with needing 10-20K's worth of work (including two cracked alloys) and everyone involved seemed to be standing around shrugging their shoulders and saying "nothing to see here".

I thought the whole point of the video was clear - that at the end of the day, an unscrupulous dealer could just punt the car on and not declare all these faults, meaning some unsuspecting punter could be well and truly screwed.

The supercar dealer and his son really don't come out of it well at all though and I love that PH did an article on him - did any money change hands for that given the timing?
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Someone also seems to be drip-feeding things to this Instagram page... https://www.instagram.com/timhartleycars/
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

What page does the dealer that definitely isn’t Tom Hartley, get involved?
mik

Post by mik »

Jeez - you’d need a good couple of hours to read all that properly 😯

Very interesting though.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Wasn't it Hartley Jnr that crashed one of the cars while drunk/high and did a runner from the scene, was rapidly identified as the driver, but got away with it because money ?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:45 pm What page does the dealer that definitely isn’t Tom Hartley, get involved?
yeah, its interesting on page 5 - when does the interest kick off again?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I was in before it all kicked-off as I'd been looking at the costs of running an FF, so I'd been reading the thread anyway. I think the screenshots of emails where its clear he doesn't want anything in writing must be about 20 pages in?
Cheers,

Mike.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

It’s gone from 42 pages to 36 now so I’m guessing a lot of the interesting stuff has gone.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:26 pm Someone also seems to be drip-feeding things to this Instagram page... https://www.instagram.com/timhartleycars/
That's brilliant
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

He's always been a cvnt from the odd stories I've read about him online. Then again he's from a certain undesirable community so it's expected.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I honestly never knew their heritage before today :D
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Nope, you just see their annoying lake photos everywhere.

The whole buying and selling supercars thing seems to be some sort of elitist hush hush members club full of dodgy deals and bullshit.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I was following this thread well before it kicked off. FWIW I think Jayemm’s video is bang out of order; what right does he think he has to ask McLaren New Forest to disclose the results of his inspection at a trade auction? I hear the car didn’t sell and is now not listed anywhere so the consequence is they he’s fucked them over when they’re just trying to shift a part-ex.

Funny that the TH thing really kicked off on the thread because the OP called him a gypsy. As I understand it he does own a fair few static caravan parks but you can’t use racial insults 😂 I’m aware of some land dealings which showed TH to be a bit of a cunt but that was never a surprise.

His older son is apparently quite decent and isn’t part of the same business. Shame he shares his name with his father 😄
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:40 pm Nope, you just see their annoying lake photos everywhere.

The whole buying and selling supercars thing seems to be some sort of elitist hush hush members club full of dodgy deals and bullshit.
aka used car dealers.
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:09 am
integrale_evo wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:40 pm Nope, you just see their annoying lake photos everywhere.

aka used car dealers.
Worse if anything because half the customers seem to be in on it.
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:49 am I was following this thread well before it kicked off. FWIW I think Jayemm’s video is bang out of order; what right does he think he has to ask McLaren New Forest to disclose the results of his inspection at a trade auction? I hear the car didn’t sell and is now not listed anywhere so the consequence is they he’s fucked them over when they’re just trying to shift a part-ex.
He came across too self-important to me.

Not a fan of his work (too much waffle) but his channel does feature a few interesting cars. Surprised the owners would allow him to ‘test’ their cars.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:49 am I was following this thread well before it kicked off. FWIW I think Jayemm’s video is bang out of order; what right does he think he has to ask McLaren New Forest to disclose the results of his inspection at a trade auction? I hear the car didn’t sell and is now not listed anywhere so the consequence is they he’s fucked them over when they’re just trying to shift a part-ex.
If you give Jayemm the benefit of the doubt (which I know as a YouTuber it can be hard to do), you can see why he made the video and took that stance though IMO. You turn up to see a car, its priced at 50K and the dealer has nothing to highlight other than the usual - yeah, we'll service it and replace the worn tyres. Its a big investment so you get an independent exam done and find it needs a shit load of work done.

Dealer pleads ignorance and won't budge much on the price so you walk away. What do you think will happen to the car? Either the dealer will adjust the price down (unlikely)... get the work done and bump the price up (possible but probably CBA)... or punt the car on to another dealer or unsuspecting schmuck who won't for a minute doubt that McLaren would ever sell a car needing so much work done.

I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time, but I did find it interesting. Even moreso given the past history to the car which I already knew about. How did the car get in to that state in the first place and remain like that?
Cheers,

Mike.