Yet another new car...

McSwede

Re: Yet another new car...

Post by McSwede »

GG. wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:48 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:46 pm FFRR
Got there in the end!

Corris Grey Vogue SE mit 3.0 TDV6. No blacked out bits but it does have window tints - pretty unavoidable as 95% come specced from the factory like that.

Taking a bit of readjustment jumping out of the 911. :lol:
Good purchase. It's lovely!
mik

Post by mik »

Nice that 8-)
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

GG. wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:59 pm Yes - I saw sense in the end. No need for the V8 diseasel either, the 3.0 is plenty swift enough. Shockingly so for such a big car actually and very very quiet to boot. I was stunned driving it back on the motorway versus the tyre roar in the 911 - complete hushed silence.

Has an opening panoramic roof too which is ace. Meridian sound system very average though - bit disappointed in that. I mean its not terrible but certainly not the best in car system I've heard.
They’re actually fine in London, other than width restrictions which are tough to navigate without catching a tyre. The traditional RR bonnet shape really helps.

The top end Meridian on these is very good (but rare) and the standard Meridian is fine but isn’t really worthy of the name.
They basically were told which speakers were going in by JLR and then had to try and make them sound half decent, whereas on the top level Meridian spec’d it all.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jimexpl wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:51 am
GG. wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:59 pm Yes - I saw sense in the end. No need for the V8 diseasel either, the 3.0 is plenty swift enough. Shockingly so for such a big car actually and very very quiet to boot. I was stunned driving it back on the motorway versus the tyre roar in the 911 - complete hushed silence.

Has an opening panoramic roof too which is ace. Meridian sound system very average though - bit disappointed in that. I mean its not terrible but certainly not the best in car system I've heard.
They’re actually fine in London, other than width restrictions which are tough to navigate without catching a tyre. The traditional RR bonnet shape really helps.

The top end Meridian on these is very good (but rare) and the standard Meridian is fine but isn’t really worthy of the name.
They basically were told which speakers were going in by JLR and then had to try and make them sound half decent, whereas on the top level Meridian spec’d it all.
To be fair I had another play with the audio system yesterday and connected by iPhone streaming Tidal CD quality and it was much better than the DAB radio. Although I prefer it in the Dolby Digital setting rather than using the Meridian DSP so it seems their value add was minimal!

Seemingly also has puddle lights with a stylised Range Rover projected in it :lol:

Is a very comfy place to sit - view not bad either :D

mik

Post by mik »

1. What year is it?
2. Where is the e-start vid?
4. What happened to 3?
3. There it’s is
5. 60-100 time?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I would have loved that when I lived in London. I had a 6 cylinder Volvo auto which was similarly handy, although I didn't worry too much if it got a door opened into it as it was peanuts.

Pano roof is also a lovely feature.
GG.

Post by GG. »

mik wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:30 am 1. What year is it? January 18 registered so a 67 plate. Very last of the pre facelifts but benefits from the improved infotainment system that was updated in 2017
2. Where is the e-start vid? I'll do one at some point for teh comedy valuez.
4. What happened to 3?
3. There it’s is
5. 60-100 time? I'll set off now and let you know next month (probably not as slow as you'd imagine - I'll give it a go next time i'm on an Mway)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Would love one of those to lord it over everyone who doesn''t have one. Or just a go in one to see if they're as good as people say they are.
Looks great. Excellent two car garage going on.
Left over crest; tightens.
GG.

Post by GG. »

JonMad wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:16 pm Would love one of those to lord it over everyone who doesn''t have one. Or just a go in one to see if they're as good as people say they are.
Looks great. Excellent two car garage going on.
Any time you’re in London Jon let me know - you’re welcome to have a go.

I’m trying to use it to cover all the cliches :lol: Image
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Waitrose sandwiches too!
GG.

Post by GG. »

I did say all the cliches :lol:

We also drove to Chelsea in it this afternoon and saw princess Eugenie drive by in hers. Comedy.
mik

Post by mik »

GG. wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:32 pm
saw princess Eugenie drive by in hers. Comedy.
Except she didn’t have to pay for hers.

Because they’re worth it.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

GG. wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:32 pm I did say all the cliches :lol:

Hopefully not all (in the local news todayhttps://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/school ... se-249608/ );

;)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

GG. wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:32 pm I did say all the cliches :lol:

We also drove to Chelsea in it this afternoon and saw princess Eugenie drive by in hers. Comedy.
I assume the same flash headlights at each other rules that apply with Porsches don’t play out with a Range…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nice one @GG.

I'd like one of those when we get another dog.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Waits for Carlos to post the right picture..
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

GG. wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:21 am Image
How posh is that, your own Anderson Shelter 8-) :)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Ah yes - gotta love those hideous bike hangers. We dodged a bullet by not having it right outside our house - at least is hasn't been graffitied... yet :?

I always love councils whining about budget cuts when they spend money on stupid initiatives like that - I'm totally certain I could go in overnight and strip out double digits percentages of their budget without anyone noticing a difference to their "services". I remember checking when I lived in Lambeth and I think their annual expenditure was a billion a year :shock:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Lovely but I genuinely CBA driving one in Laandan
Real-life Females
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Having driven a Rangey around London many times 10/15 years ago (I had a boss who always wanted to do emails in the car so I always drove when we were both going up) I can agree that it is a great place to be.