Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Dogecoin etc

Post by Sundayjumper »

LOL.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:46 pmLOL.
You've scrolled back then and laughed at yourself. Good boy.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

LOL.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:39 pm I think I explained with crypto and maybe investing in itself is you drip money in.
Dripping money into crypto is definitely like dripping money into your pension. Except that the only way to make money out of crypto is to buy low and sell high. So you're mitigating any gains nicely there, Broccers. Well done.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:41 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:39 pm I think I explained with crypto and maybe investing in itself is you drip money in.
Dripping money into crypto is definitely like dripping money into your pension. Except that the only way to make money out of crypto is to buy low and sell high. So you're mitigating any gains nicely there, Broccers. Well done.
Thanks fella, glad you understand investing.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

LOL.

How many Ferraris have you bought this year ? Looking forward to comparing notes on this 8-)
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

What Broccers is referring to is called dollar cost averaging and it's a very common investment strategy in crypto, which helps to flatten out volatile markets while still benefiting from the overall upward trend over a longer period. It works really well for the bigger and more stable currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, although would be completely useless with a shitcoin that goes to zero.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Keep up the tips, Gavster. Broccers might learn something.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I love that Brocco thinks it's a special crypto strategy. It's a totally ordinary thing to do, it's an approach that's as old as anything. It's pretty much how a pension etc. works where you're paying in monthly and that money gets invested as you go along. (I know that's an oversimplification but your pension contributions don't sit as cash all year then get invested on the 1st Jan or something).

It's useful if you don't want to try and guess where the highs & lows will be. It means you end up buying at around the average price over a given period. The occasions you buy low offset the times you buy high. Hopefully.

But given how Brocco is such an crypto investment mega-brain I'm actually astonished he's doing this. He'd make far, far more profit by following his own tips about when is a good time to buy.

But what do I know huh ?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Dolla cost averaging is how I buy my toilet paper.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:26 pm But given how Brocco is such a crypto investment mega-brain I'm actually astonished he's doing this. He'd make far, far more profit by following his own tips about when is a good time to buy.
Mitigating the gains.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavster wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:26 pm
What Broccers is referring to is called dollar cost averaging and it's a very common investment strategy in crypto, which helps to flatten out volatile markets while still benefiting from the overall upward trend over a longer period. It works really well for the bigger and more stable currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, although would be completely useless with a shitcoin that goes to zero.
I dont own shit coins. :lol:

Its the same with funds you own, x amount in each month on a regular investment (no charge for the trade on some platforms). Trackers especially benefit from this.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:28 pm
V8Granite wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:09 pm I’m scared to think about it incase they take a dive 😂

Dave!
3 quid by feb I reckon. But please dont look as mine are doing fine ;)
3 quid in December is a bonus - more correctness :lol: :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Using pure optimism, I predict £5 by Dec 2024.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:23 am Using pure optimism, I predict £5 by Dec 2024.

Dave!
Happy with 4 tbf.

ON TOPIC for once. There's a lad in the pub who mined some DOGE ages ago cept for some reason he couldn't actually sell them? Anyway he has sent all 120 dollars to my coinbase account.

A valid thought / question is if I cash these for him is there some tax implication coming my way? I suspect not but you never know.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

_5a99cc04-8e77-4aed-941a-3a02eac552be.jpeg
_5a99cc04-8e77-4aed-941a-3a02eac552be.jpeg (205.11 KiB) Viewed 36835 times
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I see those secure NFTs of monkeys got hacked and stolen. Since they were already worth a tiny fraction of their earlier ‘value’ I don’t imagine many owners paying the ransoms to get them back.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Gavster wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:01 am Who's crying and who's buying? :lol:

I'm crying because I thought that $39k BTCwas a good price a few weeks ago so put the money from my 4 series into it.

Big question is will there be a short retracement before continuing down into a crypto winter?
Yes, it was a crypto winter :lol: and after waiting nearly two years at -50%, it's now up 20%
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:16 pm
Gavster wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:01 am Who's crying and who's buying? :lol:

I'm crying because I thought that $39k BTCwas a good price a few weeks ago so put the money from my 4 series into it.

Big question is will there be a short retracement before continuing down into a crypto winter?
Yes, it was a crypto winter :lol: and after waiting nearly two years at -50%, it's now up 20%
Only going to go one way in time. Halving in April will be more of an event than the etf approval imo.

Made more than renting the bmw out then :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

PS ETH @ £1930.00 a bit up from when I said buy :lol: :lol: