No F1 thread?

Mito Man

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Mito Man »

Wins race. Drops F bomb on live TV. Legend.
How about not having a sig at all?
John

Post by John »

Great to see 8-) 8-) 8-)
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

The newey effect? :D
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

First race I've watched live in at least a year and a half - that was a good one to choose!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The boy done good. It’s been a long time coming, genuinely really happy to see it.
Cheers, Harry
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Only managed to watch the Sky highlights on YT and read the race report, but it did sound like Ferrari and McLaren were close to Max's pace? Was it a circuit / conditions specific anomaly or might it be worth watching a few more races this season after all!?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

duncs500 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:31 am Only managed to watch the Sky highlights on YT and read the race report, but it did sound like Ferrari and McLaren were close to Max's pace? Was it a circuit / conditions specific anomaly or might it be worth watching a few more races this season after all!?
Lando could make that tyre compound work on that circuit, where no one else could. The next race will confirm if it was circuit specific- as a lifelong McLaren fan even through the dark gp2 engine days I really hope not!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, struggling with tyres. Apparently if you over drive even a fraction it would overheat the outer surface losing grip, but the actual carcass wouldn’t warm up, but the Mclaren was good at evenly heating the entire structure.

The Race on YouTube normally have decent little vids that explain the technicalities a day or two after the event.
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I was reading about the McLaren upgrades and they’re really significant. Definitely a major update, and wasn’t due until imola but the managed to rush them through. Gives hope that there will be more success coming their way
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wasn't it something like 10 updates? Pretty much a spec B car, makes me wonder if they've blown almost the entire seasons R&D budget already.
How about not having a sig at all?
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Lando's win must be just about the most universally loved and approved race win I can remember. Literally everyone thought it was awesome. Good on him for having both the talent and being a nice enough guy no one can really dislike him if they tried. 8-)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »