No F1 thread?

Jay-me

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Jay-me »

The way Bearman drove today, Lance (daddy bought me a race team) Stroll should quit.
No rookies this year but if Mag, Hulk, Stroll, Bottas and anyone else could be replaced by the gp2 youngsters could possibly make f1 more exciting.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:44 pm Lando was lucky with the start. It was a very obvious jump which left him out of position. He did come to a complete stop, and made a poor actual start, and no other drivers reacted to his jump. It seems the stewards actually used some common sense there despite it being an east penalty to prove.
It’s happened a few times in recent years. There’s sensors in the road, there’s no common sense as such, it’s down to a simple yes/no based on what the sensors say, you can move forward a certain amount and not pick up a penalty. Why it took them so long to decide that I don’t know
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Jay-me wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:37 am The way Bearman drove today, Lance (daddy bought me a race team) Stroll should quit.
No rookies this year but if Mag, Hulk, Stroll, Bottas and anyone else could be replaced by the gp2 youngsters could possibly make f1 more exciting.
100% this

I imagine Liam Lawson, is shaking his head watching ricciardo spinning out at the back of the pack, ironically as a red bull lapped him.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep, I’d add Ricciardo to that list, as well as Magnusson, Ocon, Gasly, Zhou.

I don’t really believe in the whole giving a new driver over a year to get to grips with the car. There’s raw talent and hard work, someone with only the latter will never never be greater than someone with raw talent working hard. A lot of these teams with shit drivers should be cycling through a few rookies each season.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Lando is a very lucky boy, he did jump the start, but the sensor didn’t work. FIA didn’t bother with a penalty because McLaren would appeal, then the FIA would have no evidence because the sensor wasn’t working and lose it.
mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:33 pm Wasn’t aware.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/1 ... 2008-title

1. Man who has earned ridiculous money from his profession would like some more ridiculous money. Rather a TAUC. (Edit: he reputedly made around $110 million from his F1 career).

2. FIA investigated the incident and ruled that it was a decision by Renaoult to instruct Piquet to crash, but that was to benefit their other driver. They and the team management were punished. Massa lost out as “collateral” but I can’t see how the FIA could cancel the race result as a result of this?
So the above was a warning-shot notification-before-action

But he's now moved ahead.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mass ... /10586538/
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Massa lost out in the Singapore race because the dumb cunt drove off with the fuel hose still attached, piquet had fuck all to do with that
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 pm Massa lost out in the Singapore race because the dumb cunt drove off with the fuel hose still attached, piquet had fuck all to do with that
This, even if there was no safety car he would have had to still make another stop for fuel and the same thing/another error could have happened.
It’s such a senseless case, he’s basically isolated himself from all of F1 and lost all respect.
Jay-me

Post by Jay-me »

That spring from Barrichellos car has really turned him into a twat
John

Post by John »

Albon's car can't be repaired after his shunt and Williams don't have a spare chassis/tub. The decision has been made to give Sargeant the boot for the weekend to enable Albon to compete.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

John wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:48 pm Albon's car can't be repaired after his shunt and Williams don't have a spare chassis/tub. The decision has been made to give Sargeant the boot for the weekend to enable Albon to compete.
This seems really unfair to me, Logan loosing out because of Albon’s fuck up- to the point I hope Albon fucks the car up and there’s no Williams in the race
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It's been a month since winter testing and Williams haven't managed to make a spare chassis yet. James Vowles can bitch about the old Excel system as much as he wants but it's been a month ffs.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:36 pm It's been a month since winter testing and Williams haven't managed to make a spare chassis yet. James Vowles can bitch about the old Excel system as much as he wants but it's been a month ffs.
Surely there could be any number of reasons for that? Perhaps they have an upgraded chassis in the wings so don't want to waste money making a soon to be obsolete part, etc.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Good to see someone else winning today, am I the only one who felt like all media outlets (from Sky where I watched the race, to Gunther in the interviews, to the BBC race report) tried to really play down the reality that Max's car was fucked from the start and that was the only reason Carlos won the race.

I wouldn't be surprised if F1 is looking at diminishing viewing from the Max years and the media have been briefed to really play down his dominance.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t think the core chassis is ever upgraded during a season? That would then invoke a raft of new crash tests with the FIA and every part would have to be adapted to fit?

As for today’s race, only watched the 8 minute highlights, seemed like after Max retired the rest just finished in mostly the same positions, and then I thought Russell’s crash looked really odd. Alonso slapped with 20 second penalty for his usual defending like a cunt antics.
And yes the highlights did also make it appear that Sainz overtook Verstappen on merit, then a few laps later you see his brakes on fire and exploding :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:41 am I don’t think the core chassis is ever upgraded during a season? That would then invoke a raft of new crash tests with the FIA and every part would have to be adapted to fit?
You might be right on that, but it will be another legitimate reason, supply chain issue etc etc. All I'm getting at is that James Vowles isn't a fool, so there must be a reason behind it.
GG.

Post by GG. »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:34 am Good to see someone else winning today, am I the only one who felt like all media outlets (from Sky where I watched the race, to Gunther in the interviews, to the BBC race report) tried to really play down the reality that Max's car was fucked from the start and that was the only reason Carlos won the race.

I wouldn't be surprised if F1 is looking at diminishing viewing from the Max years and the media have been briefed to really play down his dominance.
I'm not bothering watching this year. I've limited free time in my life and its not best spent watching fish pout win easily, nor paying more to Sky for the privilege.

Will tune back in for 2025.

ETA: That said, today's race looked a little dramatic :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The official highlights on the F1 app are good enough tbh. Also they use their own commentary team so you don't need to listen to that twat having an orgasm every 20 seconds over nothing.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought it looked alright in the c4 highlights. At least MV going out made it less obvious who would win, with the red and orange cars seeming pretty evenly matched. Shame Lando couldn’t make the last set of tyres work as well as in the middle stint, would have liked to see him right behind the Ferraris.
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »