No F1 thread?

mik

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by mik »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Apparently the Thursday tickets were originally for sale over $900 - not sure if that was per session or both. But still. $900 for a practice session 😂 Liberty taking candy from many babies.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just watching the quali now, grandstands look empty apart from the one opposite the pits, looking on twitter confirms it. And the people who paid close to 5 figures for tickets above the pits have most of their view blocked by the camera gantry…
I’m surprised the pit building is permanent. On a temporary street circuit. And there’s no space for media and not even a driver cooldown room!
Vegas doesn’t look great on tv either.
Verstappen is continuing to get more and more angry with this race too and telling fans to tear the place down after being given a $200 voucher to spend buying Liberty merchandise in exchange for yesterday.

Liberty have also hired security staff to stop people watching the race for free on public areas - Fvcking mental
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

www.bottass.com

Ted Kravitz says it's good.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:46 pm www.bottass.com

Ted Kravitz says it's good.
5€ from every sale going to prostate cancer research. Kudos. 8-)
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

TikTok is alive with videos of desolate hospitality areas, terrible views, and hotels offering rooms at discounts despite originally trying to charge 5x their normal rates. They’re calling it the Fyre festival for motorsport
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Gavster wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 pm TikTok is alive with videos of desolate hospitality areas, terrible views, and hotels offering rooms at discounts despite originally trying to charge 5x their normal rates. They’re calling it the Fyre festival for motorsport
Looks like there's a class action lawsuit now too :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It was an idea that sounded good on paper, but pretty poor in reality. The walls and barriers mean it wasn’t ever going to look like the cars were actually driving down the strip. Other than the sphere it could be pretty much any street circuit at night. There’s really not much which shouts ‘Vegas’ about it.

Was surprised to see they’re actually running it on Saturday night, I was expecting it to be on in the early hours Sunday so I’d have to catch up on Monday.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The timing is very odd, is it just because the strip has to be open to regular traffic during normal business hours? The timing is shit for the East Coast too so it doesn't even work in the USA ffs.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I can imagine the planning meeting where they would all get super excited about the “biggest Grand Prix in the world”, how much revenue could be generated from this multi-billion dollar event, and then calling it something like “Monaco on steroids” before high giving each other
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

More like Monaco on Mogadon
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If only there were a vast desert at the foothill of some mountains a very short distance away from Vegas. Then Liberty could have build an actual circuit with interesting features and during the race build up and week they could do all the filming promo crap in the strip.
If only.
Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Qatar etc did it right. Ok not the best circuits but much better than this.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That was a good race, despite the pre-race chaos. Lots of overtaking and bold moves.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

Have just watched the uchoob highlights.

Max is such a dirty bastard - that lap 1 turn 1 incident was absolutely blatant and entirely predictable - he's done it so many times before. A 5 second penalty isn't sufficient for that. And he drove Russell off the track later in the race.

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Same old story, drives like a bellend against others, cries like a baby if anyone does it back
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m surprised he actually got a penalty for that, he’s done it at least 3 other times this year and got away with it - perhaps his harsh opinions on the Vegas GP have made the stewards treat him with less leniency…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I think this time it was clear he never even tried to take the corner
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I expected max to get away with tat. being the first corner of the first lap and generally seeming to get away with most things. I know they won in the end but their strategy of not giving the place back and trying too pull away didn't work, egg on face there.

I felt that the cameras were poor, rarely showing the action described by the commentary, they panned away from the land crash and sometimes just showing empty track.