Mito Man

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Mito Man »

When Hamilton can’t lap the car ahead due to dirty air you know it’s bad 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

These new car designs better work next season!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Just looking at Lewis' F1 history on wikipedia 7 championships plus 2 second places where he was pipped on the last race, might be 3 by the end of this year
Compare Schumacher, 7 championships plus 2 second places where he was pipped on the last race, or 3 if you include 1997 where he was disqualified.

:geek:
Left over crest; tightens.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Hamilton disqualified from quali, so starting sprint from the back. Max given a €50k fine for touching Hamilton's car in parc ferme.

Short of Max crashing today, the championship has been decided.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:44 pm Hamilton disqualified from quali, so starting sprint from the back. Max given a €50k fine for touching Hamilton's car in parc ferme.

Short of Max crashing today, the championship has been decided.
Shame as I really come to dislike Vestappen, especially since he was quoted as saying if he wins he will put the number 1 on his car because of the merchandising opportunities!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sounds like they took the piss too much with the flexible wings there. Although I’m amazed Red Bull haven’t had this issue as the mechanics seem to always be taping the rear end of that car together. I want to know what the tape is - would be useful to have around!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That was some drive from Lewis, and Bottas did well to keep Max behind.
---
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That was a ballsy drive by Hamilton, that overtake on Lando was nuts.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Yes. I rarely shout at the telly, but today was one.
---
GG.

Post by GG. »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:06 pm Yes. I rarely shout at the telly, but today was one.
Haha yes today was a shouty one - my wife said I sound like a crazy person :lol:

Shows why I’m not a racing driver - with a five place grid drop for Sunday I’d have been tempted to save the miles on the engine and park it. As it is Lewis will be starting from 10th instead of 20th…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 pm Sounds like they took the piss too much with the flexible wings there. Although I’m amazed Red Bull haven’t had this issue as the mechanics seem to always be taping the rear end of that car together. I want to know what the tape is - would be useful to have around!
Toto said in a post sprint interview that the wing passed on the centre and one side and only failed in one spot, as a result from some damage or failure.

The regulation states that the 85mm gauge shouldn’t be able to go through statically and it passed this. However a technical directive says static plus a force of 10N. It’s this it failed on, so Lewis was very unlucky to get such a severe penalty
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

It's easy to forget that LH is ridiculously good and not overrated in any way. He's capable of running at the front, but it's his racecraft that stands out for me, these days he just makes so few mistakes whilst being rapid and able to overtake. Of course Max is top notch too, when Vettel was winning the question was always there whether he could compete wheel to wheel, you wouldn't ask that about Max. No question in my mind that we're looking at two incredible drivers this year.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:02 am It's easy to forget that LH is ridiculously good and not overrated in any way. He's capable of running at the front, but it's his racecraft that stands out for me, these days he just makes so few mistakes whilst being rapid and able to overtake. Of course Max is top notch too, when Vettel was winning the question was always there whether he could compete wheel to wheel, you wouldn't ask that about Max. No question in my mind that we're looking at two incredible drivers this year.
The only question when max goes wheel to wheel is if he’s going to hit someone. He needs a good dose of maturity and to see when a battle is lost and to yield, see monza for that coming to a head
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Still not available to watch on All4 :roll:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Pete_ wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 am Still not available to watch on All4 :roll:
yeah, they're making every possible effort to kill F1 outside the subscription to Sky. I end up watching the 6 minute YouTube highlights because there's no way I'm avoiding every news and social media outlet for days after each race waiting for ch 4 to put their footage up.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, it really is shit. Like the last couple of races. There’s no reason they couldn’t have put the quali highlights on a couple of hours after the event for the people who want to stay up and watch it and then repeated it again the next morning. Not like the c4 schedule is jam packed with quality broadcasting at that time.

I’m also fairly reluctant to praise max in wheel to wheel racing. Sure, he gets the job done but a lot of the time it seems to be far more reliant on the other person jumping out of the way if a divebomb than genuine good honest controlled passing.

Was quite amusing in the post race interviews when he was talking about passing bottas and just said once you get up behind someone you lose performance and can’t close up, meanwhile Lewis passes 15 cars in 24 laps😂
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I expect it'll be down to some stranglehold rule that sky have enforced - like only being able to show a low percentage of actual race footage in the ch 4 highlights or maybe only allowing it to be screened once.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:30 am
Pete_ wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 am Still not available to watch on All4 :roll:
yeah, they're making every possible effort to kill F1 outside the subscription to Sky. I end up watching the 6 minute YouTube highlights because there's no way I'm avoiding every news and social media outlet for days after each race waiting for ch 4 to put their footage up.
Same here. I assume it's some bullshit rule within the Sky deal. I assumed C4 had given up recently though with none of their main presenting team at the last few races, but it seems they will be back for this one.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »