No F1 thread?

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Rich B »

It's not anything new though is it? He presumably cheated on his first wife when she was pregnant and left her shortly after.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

As I understand it, Austrian part of RB (49% controlling stake) wants him gone, but Thai (51%) backs him fully and doesn’t understand why it’s an issue.

If they implode I expect a 3rd Ferrari car to appear with Max driving, and a full Prancing horse podium sounds great! (Rules will be changed, well, because Ferrari) Maybe that’s the plan with Newey creating the magic?.. #tinfoilhatslippingmaybe
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

I've never liked Horner, but I was expecting to see some kind of "evidence" that he'd abused his position or done something illegal? As far as I can see these conversations and shared images appear to be between two consenting adults? He's clearly a grubby slime-meister, but that's not really a surprise (as per RichB's comments above) is it? And other than the fact some of the messages appear to be from occasions where he's away on business (but not whilst working) - I'm not seeing any real tangible link to RB? All feels very salacious tabloid to me....
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The link to RB is that he's chatting to a RB employee who then complained to RB about Horner's behaviour, at least as far as we know. It may have all been innocent flirting or Horner may have taken it too far and started sending dick pics. Who knows apart from the whole F1 paddock as of right now.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Ford will put their foot down soon enough. They’ve already complained about the time it took for the investigation and how secretive it was. They want a squeaky clean family image, so they may end up with a “he goes or we go” demand
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

At the very least I predict an impending divorce…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ah yes, Ford Motor Company, the bastion of decency who seem to be in the news a few times a year for something related to sexual harassment :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Americans are very prudish when it comes to their corporate image.. obviously the reality is somewhat more grubby
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Meh, results talk in the end.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Love or hate red bull, coco pops for supper deserves some sort of penalty. :D
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just want to see Toto and Zac walking round with a bowl of coco pops.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Someone has uploaded the Google Drive online
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... nRU60qvdhY
Image 76 is a dick pic albeit blurred out :lol:
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I really hope that’s a finger.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah it is a finger when you click to full screen. Looks like all the journalists have been served an injunction, keep saying they can’t speak due to legal repercussions.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:47 pm Whether or not there's any legitimacy to the claim, I imagine there's so much inappropriate behaviour goes on by the old guard in F1 that they will have no choice but to circle the wagons!
I still stand by this. I was watching FP3 earlier and they said Horner had left the pit wall to see Ben Sulayem, no doubt Horner was saying "make trouble for me and I might have to tell the world about your <insert depraved misdemeanour>". I bet Horner has dirt on everyone, it's a mutually assured destruction situation.

Happy to be wrong, there are obviously big money stakeholders who aren't in the old boys club, but usually these things blow over. If Trump has taught us anything, it's that if you've got enough money and a thick enough skin, you can basically do what the fuck you like.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

There are teams out there desperate to join F1, Horny is to all intents and purposes head of 2 teams franchises.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Why are the first 2 GPs on a Friday and Saturday weekend?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ramadan.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

At least MV wasn't off into the distance. Will probably win it this year, but looks like there might be some scraps near the front (in quali at least, although possibly the RedBull is a beast on race pace so shouldn't get ahead of myself).

It's annoying that I can't now abbreviate RedBull to RB... maybe that's why they did it. :evil:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah it looks to be a tighter grid and Perez might be in the shit a whole lot more with the rest of the grid being closer.