No F1 thread?

duncs500

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by duncs500 »

Yeah, the rumour is it that Horner was trying to buy it with some backers, Marko who is backed by Jos are on the other side who didn't take kindly to the attempted buy out.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Either way, shocking that they've suspended the accuser. A lot of people are complaining that it's two consenting adults, but unfortunately it's not that simple when one of them is a boss.

It basically proves, should proof be needed, that if you have enough money you can basically do whatever you like. Not news to anyone really, but we still get reminded of it.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'm guessing the culture inside Red Bull in Milton Keynes is pretty poor. This girl obviously has a problem with the way she was being treated - the "Controlling Behaviour" etc

This behaviour would probably not be accepted in other organisations but is fair game in Red Bull. This is why a. It's all being kept secret, b. He was cleared of wrong doing and c. why she's now suspended for making an upheld acquisition

I guess F1 employees all have to sign confidentially agreements so her hands are tied and she is gagged. Now she's suspended and probably can't do anything about it without raising legal issues.

the whole thing stinks
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

Suspended on full pay is quite normal when allegations have been made but not yet investigated.

However - if that is normal practice within Red Bull - it seems rather strange that Horner wasn't similarly suspended on fully pay whilst the initial investigation was ongoing?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:01 pm Either way, shocking that they've suspended the accuser. A lot of people are complaining that it's two consenting adults, but unfortunately it's not that simple when one of them is a boss.

It basically proves, should proof be needed, that if you have enough money you can basically do whatever you like. Not news to anyone really, but we still get reminded of it.
I rather suspect that there is a lot more going on that we don't yet know about. CH appears to have tread on dodgy ground, but there is a distinct whiff about all of this of there being much more to it and potentially all tied in with the power play that's going on. ANd there are lots of questions about the "evidence" that has been leaked as well, and the claimant's relationship with JV.

Regarding the team setup - Joe Saward has written:

"There have been rumours for a while that Red Bull’s primary shareholder Chalerm Yoovidhya, who controls 51 percent of the shares, is considering taking the Red Bull Technology Group Ltd out of Red Bull GmbH empire and setting it up as an independent car company, with Horner in charge and a shareholder in the business. This makes a great deal of sense because a drinks firm does not really have much use for an engine company and a supercar production division. If Yoovidhya has 51 percent of the shares, he can do as he pleases. Removing Horner would leave the technology division under the control of Red Bull GmbH. Whatever the case, Horner wants to be left alone to run the group he has created, without outside interference. When Dietrich Mateschitz was alive he had that freedom."
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This was also interesting
https://jalopnik.com/red-bull-was-ready ... 1851304858
Horner pretty much fired, threatened to take it legal, both sides agreed to do it behind closed doors with a KC but the evidence was mounted so heavily against Horner that they thought it would rule against him. KC agreed with Horner anyway. Even more weird.
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I think he will be disappointed if he thinks he has ridden the storm.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Unsurprising “the rules that apply to you, don’t apply to us” argument from Red Bull non shocker
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sainz out for this weekend as he has appendicitis. Ollie Bearman replacing him!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Good luck to the lad!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Solid job by Bearman.

Is Helmet the leaker? :lol:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mark ... /10584969/
Jay-me

Post by Jay-me »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:44 pm Solid job by Bearman.

Is Helmet the leaker? :lol:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mark ... /10584969/
So it wasn’t Toto like we all thought 😂
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Oh I do hope they collapse!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=8b-3nZXW ... e=youtu.be

I don’t know if this is common knowledge but I only just saw this and it had me in stitches.

Playing chess and Lego up the arse 😂

Dave!
Marv

Post by Marv »

That comment extends to his race performance too!

Very impressive debut, especially as he was thrown into the car last minute.

Honestly, some other teams need to take notice of this and get rid of their drivers which have been in F1 for too long, and sign some new drivers which might be actually pretty damn good.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Marv wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:37 pm

Honestly, some other teams need to take notice of this and get rid of their drivers which have been in F1 for too long, and sign some new drivers which might be actually pretty damn good.
Do Mercedes have a replacement for Hamilton lined up?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:42 pm
Marv wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:37 pm

Do Mercedes have a replacement for Hamilton lined up?
Verstappen and then Antonelli. If they do sign Verstappen then Antonelli goes to Williams.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:32 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=8b-3nZXW ... e=youtu.be

I don’t know if this is common knowledge but I only just saw this and it had me in stitches.

Playing chess and Lego up the arse 😂

Dave!

Wasn't aware, enjoying it so far :D 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Lando was lucky with the start. It was a very obvious jump which left him out of position. He did come to a complete stop, and made a poor actual start, and no other drivers reacted to his jump. It seems the stewards actually used some common sense there despite it being an east penalty to prove.
Cheers, Harry