New new new new Top Gear

jamcg

Re: New new new new Top Gear

Post by jamcg »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:23 pm Only been to a couple of rally in the uk and they’re marshalled and have cordoned off no spectating areas in dangerous places so I’m sure there’s a certain amount of risk assessing which has to be done before the event.
Lessons learned from group B but the sounds of it
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

BBC News - Andrew Flintoff: Former England captain pictured for first time since Top Gear accident
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/66755339

Jesus H Corbett! It like he had his nose and half his face ripped off! I'm so pleased that he is out and about.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:10 pm BBC News - Andrew Flintoff: Former England captain pictured for first time since Top Gear accident

Jesus H Corbett! It like he had his nose and half his face ripped off! I'm so pleased that he is out and about.
If only someone had posted that article... Like minutes sooner :D
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:o but it was a heck of a faceplant. The cricket focus (ed pee taking) should do him good 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Wow, so Top Gear has caused a producer ("lazy" "Irish") to be beaten up to keep the talent happy because, you know, need the ratings the talent pull. Six figure settlement out of court because Clarkson couldn't handle a sandwich at 10pm or whatever his retarded excuse was for being an entitled fuckwit.

And now Top Gear has caused a presenter who was previously quite a public figure to be - quite likely - permanently disfigured, because they need the stunts, because they don't have the talent, but still need the ratings.

Sounds to me like Top Gear should just be taken out the back and shot. It's clearly not worth it, if these are the risks they're taking to maintain viewing figures on what is, at it's very best, a mid show.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

It says tape on his nose, but it looks more like a healing skin graft to me. @explosive newt experts opinion?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like he’s got a new nose and chin. Just awful :(
How about not having a sig at all?
John

Post by John »

Poor bloke :(
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Scummiest paper in the world has a better picture on the front page today. It is actually some sort of gauze tape on his nose- also looks like some right side paralysis going on
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Good news his brain is well enough to practice some cricket I thought. And he's clearly getting more confident about the scarring which is great as well. Good luck to him.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:45 pm Wow, so Top Gear has caused a producer ("lazy" "Irish") to be beaten up to keep the talent happy because, you know, need the ratings the talent pull. Six figure settlement out of court because Clarkson couldn't handle a sandwich at 10pm or whatever his retarded excuse was for being an entitled fuckwit.

And now Top Gear has caused a presenter who was previously quite a public figure to be - quite likely - permanently disfigured, because they need the stunts, because they don't have the talent, but still need the ratings.

Sounds to me like Top Gear should just be taken out the back and shot. It's clearly not worth it, if these are the risks they're taking to maintain viewing figures on what is, at it's very best, a mid show.
There's a lot of supposition there. We've no idea whether he was doing a stunt or just got it wrong going too quick in a 3-wheeler.

Granted though it seemed like they'd started to push the boundaries of some of the stunts a bit far and some of Harris's comments might suggest they weren't always keen to do what was being asked of them. Something happening eventually seemed inevitable.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I don’t think he was even doing a filmed stunt, he was just driving the 3-wheeler to try it out and get used to it from what I read elsewhere.
GG.

Post by GG. »

My god that is awful. Looks like he has had to have quite a bit of reconstructive surgery. Poor guy.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Looks a lot worse than I expected! Wish him well
Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Watch tiff get it wrong at 40 seconds in. I can imagine a higher centre of gravity from a big blonde like Freddie and flipping one of these looks rather easy
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

jamcg wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:58 pm It says tape on his nose, but it looks more like a healing skin graft to me. @explosive newt experts opinion?
Yeah the metro front page gets a better angle and it looks like tape... still it looks like the healing scar running down left side of his nose and onto chin... you have to guess a jaw +/- facial fracture. Given the time from the crash and for it still to be healing I might speculate multiple surgeries? Hard to tell if his face is weak or just a little lopsided just from the two pics. Not inconcievable that he lost his facial nerve if there was a base of skull fracture though.
No tracheostomy scar so he wasn't ventilated for a prolonged period at least.

(declaration: just a heart dr... faces not my area)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:53 pm
jamcg wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:58 pm It says tape on his nose, but it looks more like a healing skin graft to me. @explosive newt experts opinion?
Yeah the metro front page gets a better angle and it looks like tape... still it looks like the healing scar running down left side of his nose and onto chin... you have to guess a jaw +/- facial fracture. Given the time from the crash and for it still to be healing I might speculate multiple surgeries? Hard to tell if his face is weak or just a little lopsided just from the two pics. Not inconcievable that he lost his facial nerve if there was a base of skull fracture though.
No tracheostomy scar so he wasn't ventilated for a prolonged period at least.

(declaration: just a heart dr... faces not my area)
Only just a heart doctor :lol: dont think a statement has downplayed something so much on this forum as much as that
mik

Post by mik »

I mean - it’s not exactly rocket science…
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

mik wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:58 pm I mean - it’s not exactly rocket science…
Plumbing, more like it