Megan & Hazza

dinny_g

Re: Megan & Hazza

Post by dinny_g »

Soooo...

Has anyone stumbled across the two names included in the Dutch version if the book "in error - ;) ;) ;) " ??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I didn't care enough to read it English, nevermind learning Dutch :lol:
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:26 am Soooo...

Has anyone stumbled across the two names included in the Dutch version if the book "in error - ;) ;) ;) " ??
No, but do tell 😁
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Yup! Are we allowed to publish them? Piers Morgan spilled them on his show.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Gavster wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:52 am Yup! Are we allowed to publish them? Piers Morgan spilled them on his show.
I'd not, the author denies that the names were never in any versions of the book he wrote up, so he's claiming to not understand how they got in there and that it's a publishing error.

I'd say that I hope Morgan worded what he said very carefully, but frankly, that odious little shit being on the end of a financially crippling libel/slander suit would be hilarious so he can crack on.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

They can be found - everyone's terrified about publishing them but you can find a small clip of Piers Morgan's reveal via google.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Just looked up what this is about.

It doesn't seem that surprising. I bet you could throw 2 darts at a list of royals and hit names that called the kid a mulatto or something.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m surprised by one of the names, seemed a decent person. The other not a surprise at all.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'm prepared to be cancelled but I don't think talking about how a mixed race child will look is in itself, racist. I does depend on the words used, tone etc but I've had more than one similar conversation with mixed race families while they're expecting.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's hard to say as it's so contextual. I think in any discussion about race, if the person you're discussing is uncomfortable, in this case Meghan and her cherished parasitic entity (not Harry, the baby) you should probably stop. There's also the question of the huge power imbalance between Meghan and Harry's family, like if she did feel uncomfortable, did she feel she could speak up or leave the conversation.
An absolute unit
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:02 am I'm prepared to be cancelled but I don't think talking about how a mixed race child will look is in itself, racist. I does depend on the words used, tone etc but I've had more than one similar conversation with mixed race families while they're expecting.
This. Lots of assumptions being made and conclusions being jumped to.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:09 am There's also the question of the huge power imbalance between Meghan and Harry's family, like if she did feel uncomfortable, did she feel she could speak up or leave the conversation.
Speaking up in person is one thing and maybe difficult to do, but judging on how vocal she has been over the last few years I don’t think she cares much for any perceived power the royal family has.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

240PP wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:22 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:09 am There's also the question of the huge power imbalance between Meghan and Harry's family, like if she did feel uncomfortable, did she feel she could speak up or leave the conversation.
Speaking up in person is one thing and maybe difficult to do, but judging on how vocal she has been over the last few years I don’t think she cares much for any perceived power the royal family has.
Meh, she's well within her rights to talk about her experience with what is objectively a weird anachronism in the modern world.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I thought we already knew one of the names - wasn't it splashed about at the time?

Anyway - meh. Celebrity shit-poster publishes a book full of shit-posting and, no way, there's a rogue run of it with names in that hits headlines the world over. I'm sure it's definitely nothing to do with drumming up business for a book presumably full of hearsay and gossip on a subject matter that's otherwise been flogged very far beyond death.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The names were mentioned on TalkSport news just now
Simon

Post by Simon »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:02 am I'm prepared to be cancelled but I don't think talking about how a mixed race child will look is in itself, racist. I does depend on the words used, tone etc but I've had more than one similar conversation with mixed race families while they're expecting.
This. As a parent of two mixed race children, context is everything, but the mere question itself isn't a jaw-dropper like Oprah would like us to believe.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Are people really so scared to say that they heard / read it was Charles and Catherine on a forum that I had to go and read a Guardian article?
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:25 pm Are people really so scared to say that they heard / read it was Charles and Catherine on a forum that I had to go and read a Guardian article?
Watch out. :?

BEHIND YOU!
:o

;)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

WHY DOES THE CAT HAVE A KNIFE?? :shock: :shock:
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:25 pm Are people really so scared to say that they heard / read it was Charles and Catherine on a forum that I had to go and read a Guardian article?
Having worked for a hosting company, my concern was more that if royal legal bods decided 'fuck it, this is libel/slander' they can scrape the internet for direct references, see this thread, then send a strongly worded letter to Linode - where this site is hosted - and they'd pull the site and contact Matt after the fact, because that's safer for them from a legal exposure standpoint, as well as their regulatory obligations with respect to dealing with legally shaky user generated content.

Even in the best case scenario where the site stays up, Matt would get contacted by Linode explaining that there's been a legal threat against them, and could he please remove the references to the rumours, provide evidence of said removal etc, which is a PITA for him that I don't see the need to risk exposing him to.

(unless those laws have changed since brexit, it's been a while since I dealt with them, etc)