The Music Thread

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: The Music Thread

Post by Gavster »

Nefarious wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:57 am "Grime" isn't my usual bag, but I thought this was quite fun
Thats cool! I'm completely disconnected from grime and uk rap or whatever that scene might be called, however there's a few tunes have come across my radar that I always enjoy, even though some are quite ancient

Wretch 32 on this is absolutely wild

This is fire too
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Thanks. Like both of those, especially the Morrison and the second track on the first vid
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

wtAf?
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:D 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

It's the 35th anniversary of De La Soul's seminal 3 Feet High and Rising next Friday. They've uploaded Freedom of Speak (We Got Three Minutes) which was the B-side to their first single but wasn't on 3 Feet High and Rising (except for inclusion on the second disk of a rare 2-disk special edition which I don't have). It's great; based on a few James Brown hooks. I'd not heard it before so thought I'd share:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nefarious wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:57 am "Grime" isn't my usual bag, but I thought this was quite fun
A bit near the beginning reminds me;

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:55 am It's the 35th anniversary of De La Soul's seminal 3 Feet High and Rising next Friday. They've uploaded Freedom of Speak (We Got Three Minutes) which was the B-side to their first single but wasn't on 3 Feet High and Rising (except for inclusion on the second disk of a rare 2-disk special edition which I don't have). It's great; based on a few James Brown hooks. I'd not heard it before so thought I'd share:
De la soul and Roller Skating Jam is one of the finest songs to ever be created.

Dave!