Why I won’t be buying an EV anytime soon...

Jimmy Choo

Re: Why I won’t be buying an EV anytime soon...

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:40 am I asked him about that - they apparently had some film props set up as one of the airfield exercises involved a road simulation. I don’t know details.
They're very thorough. They even set up the 60mph limit on the runway. I hope they remember to remove it or the planes are going to have a problem taking off.

I saw one of these in Gloucester this morning. The funky wing mirrors look very odd, like the mirror has fallen off. Aside from that, very stealthy.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Simon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:35 am

This blokes car also has the virtual mirrors - I mentioned before how quiet these cars are at speed - you’ll notice the tyre roar and wind noise don’t really get much louder as the speed piles on.

So most of the sensation isn't there, so you wouldn't even bother.
Real-life Females
mik

Post by mik »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:53 am They're very thorough. They even set up the 60mph limit on the runway. I hope they remember to remove it or the planes are going to have a problem taking off.
A 60mph limit is already in force at the airfield. New govt initiative.

We all know speed kills - the new 60 limit is expected to vastly decrease the number of planes that will subsequently fall out of the sky.

Side benefits include reduction in noise pollution and carbon emissions. Greta approved.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I assumed perimeter road and landing lights. mik helping a southerner though, you'll no catch me out with that.

I think many lorries now have teh funky mirrors-not-mirrors now.