Nile Rodgers Car (and guitar) Collection For sale

mik

Nile Rodgers Car (and guitar) Collection For sale

Post by mik »

Some interesting metal there. He breezes right past that 2004-ish Ford GT 8-)

240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Re: Nile Rodgers Car (and guitar) Collection For sale

Post by 240PP »

:shock: 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

I have to imagine that “collector” goes through this? Plenty of monies. Hang on. Why did I do that? :?

Let’s assume you get the opportunity for a proper run every 4 weeks. Not just a quick blast.

If you have 12 interesting drivers cars, this is only once a year per car. And 12 is far from a big collection....

It’s not for me. I love feeling the difference in the Evora as I switch from worn front MPSS to new MPS4S. Cos I know it intimately. Would I really notice if I was also driving an Ultima RS, Sunbeam Lotus, Integrale Evo3, C43AMG and 190 2.5-16 Evo in between?

Conflicted :?
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

mik wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:07 am I have to imagine that “collector” goes through this? Plenty of monies. Hang on. Why did I do that? :?

Let’s assume you get the opportunity for a proper run every 4 weeks. Not just a quick blast.

If you have 12 interesting drivers cars, this is only once a year per car. And 12 is far from a big collection....

It’s not for me. I love feeling the difference in the Evora as I switch from worn front MPSS to new MPS4S. Cos I know it intimately. Would I really notice if I was also driving an Ultima RS, Sunbeam Lotus, Integrale Evo3, C43AMG and 190 2.5-16 Evo in between?

Conflicted :?
Having dealt with quite a few collectors, the ones that are true driving enthusiasts generally use no more than four or five, plus a couple of daily drivers. Even if they don’t work anymore, spending the ski season away and taking long summer breaks doesn’t leave much time to drive the old cars.
They’ll tend to trade anything that’s not used for something else that they think will be used.

SSO on here clearly knows this, and has a sensible number of cars in a couple of locations.

When I was at Landmark, some cars never left our storage after being sold, only to be traded in a year later.
DK Engineering, Ian Tyrell etc know this and build their businesses around charging for storage and having a ready supply of cars to sell that they don’t need to buy into stock.

2manycars on Boatshoes is a great example. He has probably 50 cars and some haven’t been driven since bringing them from the dealership.